• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hybrid Ceramic Detailer uses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid Ceramic Detailer uses

Hi all

I recently purchased a bottle of hybrid ceramic detailer.

I’m have trouble figuring out where this sits in my regime? If my car is dirty I’d rather wash it to minimize swirls (soft black paint). I currently use hybrid ceramic spray wax as my LSP. If I’m looking to top up my coating I’d rather just use the fully fledge HCW. The difference in price here isn’t that great.

Is the sweet spot using it as a drying aid maybe every 2 weeks? If so, how do you all do this? Ie rinse car, spray with HCD, dry car, use clean towel to buff?

Where are you all using this in your routine?

Also, I mainly use gold class for maintenance washes and nxt gen for a detail pre wash.

I’m assuming either of these shampoos are ok for washes with HCW coatings?

Perhaps megs are formulating a shampoo for their sio2 range!

Thanks all!
    Last edited by rover137; Sep 25, 2020, 06:05 AM.

Re: Hybrid Ceramic Detailer uses

Yeah... I've used it for bird droppings and things of course. And a drying aid, and follow up to waterless wash.

And yeah, the regular soaps are fine to wash with.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      Yeah... I've used it for bird droppings and things of course. And a drying aid, and follow up to waterless wash.

And yeah, the regular soaps are fine to wash with.

yeah bird droppings is one use actually?

What is your technique for using it as a drying aid? I’ve been researching and everyone does it differently!

If you already have a strong coat of HCW on, would using HCD compromise that?

Comment

Tried to delete or edit the above post but must be too late!

Comment

Yeah, a detail spray or a waterless wash spray is good for bird droppings... just be sure to use a good spray, so it is quite lubricated when wiping it up.

As for drying, generally I would give a gentle rinse to get most of the water off, then go around once generally drying everything, and then once around again with a dry towel giving a light mist and drying everything up.

The Hybrid Ceramic products should all work together well.

Comment

I used HCD yesterday as a drying aid in a similar manner that you suggested above and it streaked quite badly. In order to remove streaking i had to really buff on the 2nd go around when drying which isn't ideal for me with a black car with soft paint. I should have sprayed some water on to remove the streaking but i was already in the drying process so i just kept going with the drying towel.

In terms of it being a 'drying aid' - I'm sure there are cases where it is used successfully to serve this function, and perhaps i just used it wrong, but it didn't 'aid' the drying process for me.

In terms of gloss, I used it as a drying aid on one half of the car to compare. It did add some additional gloss but it wasn't really noticeable. To be honest, I find that if i have a decent coat of HCW on and use Gold Class it comes up pretty glossy after a wash anyway. Perhaps the gloss of the side with the HCD on it will last longer (as with protection durability), i'll keep an eye on it.

Comment

I'd say spray pretty light...these new products seem to smear a bit when used heavily...thats my only real tip... but if they do smear (the waxes or the detailer), just leaving it out in the sun for a day seems to even it out.

Comment

Yeah good point. I'd say i sprayed maybe 3-4 triggers on the bonnet (hood) for example.

Interesting tip to leave it in the sun! I find streaking with HCW seems to go with my next wash anyway

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');