• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultra Fast Finish and Liquid Carnauba Wax - order of application?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra Fast Finish and Liquid Carnauba Wax - order of application?

I've done the 3 step (clay, polish, and UFF spray Wax) on my Saab 2-3 times, about once every 9-10 months. I've noticed that the UFF degrades after about 6-7 month (no beading action, surface feeling a little gritty after hand washing). I have a bottle of Meguiars Liquid Carnauba wax. I want to make the waxing last a little longer, so my question is:
    should I first apply the UFF wax, wipe off, then apply the liquid Carnauba? or, apply the liquid Carnauba then the UFF spray, or use one or the other but not both?

My feeling is to use UFF first so it bonds to the clean surface and then apply the liquid Carnauba as a 'topper'. Thoughts? Recommendations much appreciated.

With all these various and vague product descriptions, it is difficult to figure out an order of application and/or mixing/ substitution of products. As an aside, is there a table that shows recommended steps with various products? The more important question for me is the topping question.
    Thanks

Re: Ultra Fast Finish and Liquid Carnauba Wax - order of application?

Good morning, Three_Jeeps...

I've actually seen and received conflicting information from Meguiar's sources regarding the order of application when using Fast Finish.

I have had very good results by using Xpress Spray (and/or another vendor's similar polymer product but also containing some carnauba) after every wash (about every two to three weeks) as a drying aid with thick and soft microfiber towels.

About every three or four months I'll dry my vehicles (without the Xpress spray) and then apply a layer of Fast Finish.

Purely in my opinion.... 1) Fast Finish seems to leave the hardest finish (e.g., least waxy or wet looking, but still with a very very good shine); 2) Fast Finish doesn't show fingerprints like the sprays do; 3) The Xpress spray, other vendor's spray with carnauba, and Fast Finish all seem to bead water the same, very very good, though the bead patterns may be a bit different; 4) Regarding the "pop", "wetness look", or depth of shine (on my black SUV and dark metallic gray truck), I'd rank the polymer spray with carnauba as the best, then Xpress, and then Fast Finish, but again they all look great.

Its hard for me to offer any comment on durability since I'm putting something on the vehicles just about every month.

BTW... By using this regimen and washing carefully with three buckets, this is the first black car I've ever had that has no swirls after 3 years.

Having said that.... I believe Fast Finish is best used as a base, under whatever other product you want to use. I also believe whenever applying multiple products (or the same product twice) always let your coats/layers "cure" for 24 hours before applying the next layer.

Hope this helps.... Jim

Comment

I wasnt quite as thrilled with the looks/lasting of the Fast Finish, so I put it on the bottom, and topped with other stuff.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        I wasnt quite as thrilled with the looks/lasting of the Fast Finish, so I put it on the bottom, and topped with other stuff.
        ummmm, other stuff such as??? results?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim-in-Maryland View Post
          Good morning, Three_Jeeps...

I've actually seen and received conflicting information from Meguiar's sources regarding the order of application when using Fast Finish.
          snip...

Having said that.... I believe Fast Finish is best used as a base, under whatever other product you want to use. I also believe whenever applying multiple products (or the same product twice) always let your coats/layers "cure" for 24 hours before applying the next layer.

Hope this helps.... Jim

thanks, it does help. btw, the version of UFF is a spray. I don't have anywhere near the time to clean & wax my vehicles as much as you do. I'll try an application of carnauba wax over the UFF and see how that works out. You confirmed a lot of what I observe.
          J

Comment

Would have been the Ult. Wax.

I didnt use it with the Hybrid Ceramic stuff.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');