• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratch/scuff removal on Fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratch/scuff removal on Fender

I recently acquired a 1940 chevy coupe. The paint job is in pretty good condition with the exception of the passenger fender. It appears to have a lot of scratches/scuffs on the fender under direct light. Lots of white straight lines. The fender itself is smooth as glass after I used clay bar, scratch x and waxed. The fender looks a little hazy in the sun. Any advice on how to correct this? Picture located here:

Thanks!

Re: Scratch/scuff removal on Fender

Chris, Welcome to Meguiar's Online Forums.

It is going to be hard to tell from that linked image.
    Can you clean the paint better, such that the imperfections can be seen more clearly?

Congratulations on your acquisition of your '40 Chevy.
    Do you know what type of paint is on the car?
    This can really change the recommendations for care and correction.
    Do you know if it is single stage paint or if it has a clear coat on top?
    If single stage, do you know if it is lacquer or enamel?

Comment

Re: Scratch/scuff removal on Fender

Thanks for the quick response. I can try and get a picture out in the sun, that is when it shows up the best. It was a little tricky just using the light. Unfortunately, I don't know what type of paint it is on the car. It seems to be an older paint job, but other than that one fender is in great shape and shined up nicely.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');