• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black truck after rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black truck after rain

First black truck and way different from keeping my bright white '15 looking good.

My real question is whether or not there is any product which loosens light dirt and water spots so it can be rinsed off with a hose and then dried.

I wash my truck weekly using Meguiar's gold class wash followed by their Hybrid Ceramic Spray and it looks great after a wash....but then it rains and even worse, I might have to take a short jaunt on the wet roads which leaves road spray on the paint. A hose rinse won't remove it though I assume it removes the larger dirt particles.

I really don't want to touch the paint unless I'm washing it and I don't want to wash it every other day. Is there anything I can use. I toyed with the idea of spraying the Meguires Ceramic Hybrid Quick detailer (or similar) on and then hosing it off to see if that removes the stains.

Thoughts?

Re: Black truck after rain

You could wait until the next contact wash or you could look into a rinseless or possibly even a waterless wash option. There will be a need for a contact wash as hosing off will not remove the stuck on dirt.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');