• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wax by hand vs machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wax by hand vs machine

Hi all

just looking to get a feel for who applies wax by hand vs their machine? I’m assuming the black pad is what you is for the DA?

I have a Shinemate DA with a 12mm (5” plate) throw but am using Ult Liquid wax and/or Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax for my next big detail. Can I apply wax with a machine with a 12mm throw?

Also, just looking at my car and the amount of crevices etc I imagine I will only be able to get 60-70% waxed by DA and the rest by hand. This is where a 3” machine would work wonders (next purchase perhaps). For those who machine wax, have you just found it annoying to go between hand and machine and just stuck to hand?

Tossing up if I should buy the black megs pad to machine wax. Just bought more hand applicators...

Re: Wax by hand vs machine

I like using a machine because it lays down a thin even layer on the paint. As a result of the thin coat is is much easier to remove. My $0.02

Comment

Yeah, I have read this. Although I would only be able to do a portion of the car by machine due to concaves and what not. I'm thinking it would be annoying going from hand to machine etc

Comment

With practice you can get 99.9% of vehicle with machine. Once complete I remove the pad from machine and do the parts I missed

Comment

99.9% of a vehicle with just the one 5" machine? I may have left it too late anyway. Planning on doing a big detail next week and the post may not deliver in time.

I will probably eventually move to a different source of protection after this next one anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');