Meguiar's Hybrid Paint Coating - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Results 81 to 89 of 89

Thread: Meguiar's Hybrid Paint Coating

  1. #81
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Meguiar's Hybrid Paint Coating

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Winn View Post
    Out of date...side note - Hybrid Paint Coating is a rockstar
    Good to hear, Nick. I actually purchased a package of HPC, and will be using it in a month or so. I also picked up another one on sale - don't ask me why.

    Question: What is the shelf life on 1) an opened / used can of HPC, or 2) an unopened container of HPC? Also should HPC be stored at a particular temp?

    Thank you!

  2. #82
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Meguiar's Hybrid Paint Coating

    New detailer here.

    Just applied my first coating ever and it was HPC. Amazing experience. So easy!

    End to end took me exactly an hour on my Toyota Camry and I even had my 4 year old daughter helping me (she loves my new detailing hobby).

    This product is absolutely fantastic, can't wait to see how it performs over time.

  3. #83
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Qu
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Meguiar's Hybrid Paint Coating

    Quote Originally Posted by nmaludy View Post
    New detailer here.

    Just applied my first coating ever and it was HPC. Amazing experience. So easy!

    End to end took me exactly an hour on my Toyota Camry and I even had my 4 year old daughter helping me (she loves my new detailing hobby).

    This product is absolutely fantastic, can't wait to see how it performs over time.
    2nd coat needs to be applied within the hour

  4. #84
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Meguiar's Hybrid Paint Coating

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Winn View Post
    Hi Hari,

    Welcome to Meguiar's Online. Completely different category of product. Hybrid Ceramic Wax is one of our most advanced traditional waxes we offer, that said Hybrid Paint Coating is a true paint coating that cures to itself & to the paint, and literally creates a hard protective film that if one would want to remove, needs to be compounded off. Much, Much more durability & longevity. Again, that said, to get the performance from Hybrid Paint Coating, it will take a bit more preparation work than Hybrid Ceramic Wax.

    Feel free to post further questions!
    Thanks a lot for the explanation, appreciate that.

  5. #85
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Meguiar's Hybrid Paint Coating

    Forgive me if this has already been answered. After you apply the coating do the included microfiber towels need to be thrown away or can they be washed and reused?

  6. #86
    Registered Member HCAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lynchburg, VA
    Posts
    541
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Meguiar's Hybrid Paint Coating

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Forgive me if this has already been answered. After you apply the coating do the included microfiber towels need to be thrown away or can they be washed and reused?
    We immediately dump the microfibers in a bucket of soapy water, slosh them around, squeeze the water out, then wash with your other towels. Where this might minimize the effects of the coating, I still don't use them to remove wax again. Just use them for many of the other microfiber tasks.

  7. #87
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Meguiar's Hybrid Paint Coating

    Well I spent 6 hours prepping and applying the coating this weekend and I couldn't be happier with the results. I let it sit in the garage for two days before I took it out this morning to get a good look at it. Everything is fine except two very obvious high spots I missed. Is there anyway to get those high spots out now that its fully cured or will I just have to live with it?

  8. #88
    Michael The Guz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lawndale, CA
    Posts
    5,675
    Rep Power
    67

    Re: Meguiar's Hybrid Paint Coating

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Well I spent 6 hours prepping and applying the coating this weekend and I couldn't be happier with the results. I let it sit in the garage for two days before I took it out this morning to get a good look at it. Everything is fine except two very obvious high spots I missed. Is there anyway to get those high spots out now that its fully cured or will I just have to live with it?
    Polish and reapply.

  9. #89
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Meguiar's Hybrid Paint Coating

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Forgive me if this has already been answered. After you apply the coating do the included microfiber towels need to be thrown away or can they be washed and reused?
    You may wash them immediately and can be used for any non-paint or soft surfaces, like wheel or tyre cleaning, interior cleaning etc.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax
    By Nick Winn in forum Meguiar's 2019 New Products
    Replies: 262
    Last Post: Nov 24th, 2021, 07:06 AM
  2. How to use Meguiar's NEW Hybrid Ceramic Wax!
    By Nick Winn in forum How To Articles
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: Oct 22nd, 2021, 10:48 AM
  3. Meguiar's M788 Deep Crystal Ceramic Paint Coating Kit
    By Nick Winn in forum Meguiar's 2020 New Products Introduction Thread
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: Jan 26th, 2021, 06:10 PM
  4. Why Hasn't Meguiar's Introduced a Paint Coating Product Yet?
    By Wyle E Coyote in forum Detailing 101
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: Oct 21st, 2017, 01:06 AM
  5. Meguiar's M16 and M188 Deep Crystal Paint Coating [NEW]!
    By tapp1 in forum For Sale or Trade
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Nov 20th, 2015, 11:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •