• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing Scratches on Head Up Display (HUD) Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Scratches on Head Up Display (HUD) Screen

Hey guys, any idea on which products would be safe & effective for removing scratches from a head up display?

I'm hoping typical glass (plastic?) polish will work but have heard HUDs may have anti-glare/anti-UV coatings which a polish might remove? I know it's a very specific question, but does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance!

https://pasteboard.co/JGFIKav.jpg
    Last edited by ashkanvafaee; Dec 25, 2020, 11:50 PM.

Re: Removing Scratches on Head Up Display (HUD) Screen

I’m not even sure I could reach the hole mine is in, left alone be able to polish out some scratches. I’ll be interested to read the answers you get.

I cover mine with cardboard or newspaper when I clean the windshield as I worry about damage.

Do your scratches show in the image?

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    David

Comment

Yeah, it's a difficult spot to reach but I have longish arms so I think it's do-able.

And yes, the scratches do show up on the image when reflected off the windshield, I wouldn't really be bothered by it otherwise.

Comment

Still no answers, must challenging problem not run into very often or nobody got long arms

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        David

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');