• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Ontario

I have a new Ford Ranger truck that I love. I am not an extreme Detailer, but I do want my truck to be clean, the paint protected and I would like it to be shiny. I have used and have liked Meguiar products in the past. So far, my detailing process has been to rinse it off, put a layer of spray soap foam on the truck, then do the two bucket wash using Meguiars soap. I did put down a foundation layer of Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax and since then spraying it on and rinsing it off. I would then blow it dry, then use a microfibre cloth and a Meguiars detail spray to finish the drying and polish. ( I have since been told I should skip the detail spray for this process.)

I am open to any advice.

Come spring and warmer weather, I plan to:
    Do a total wash and dry
    Use an iron remover product and rinse it off.
    Use the Meguiars Clay Kit as per instructions
    Spray and wipe an isopropanol solution on
    Apply a foundation layer of Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax
    (Should I then apply a second layer of it?)
    Rinse and dry it

Is there another product I should add to increase gloss and slickness?
    Should I use a different product for the base layer?

I should add that I live in a rural area where getting the product mentioned above is easy, but others that you might get in the big cities are tougher to get. There is Amazon, but they sometimes really hike prices.

Thank you for any tips.

Re: Hello from Ontario

I would then blow it dry, then use a microfibre cloth and a Meguiars detail spray to finish the drying and polish. ( I have since been told I should skip the detail spray for this process.)
    The newer Hybrid Ceramic Detail Spray would be good for that... add a little protection back to the surface.

Come spring and warmer weather, I plan to:
    Do a total wash and dry
    Use an iron remover product and rinse it off.
    Use the Meguiars Clay Kit as per instructions
    Spray and wipe an isopropanol solution on
    Apply a foundation layer of Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax
    (Should I then apply a second layer of it?)
    Rinse and dry it

Is there another product I should add to increase gloss and slickness?
    Should I use a different product for the base layer?
    I like to use a tar remover spray as well, like the TarX. Meguiars also has a decontamination product that I think does iron and tar/grime.

No need for the IPA wipe really. If anything, you might apply something like the Ult. Polish, then wax.

Geneally 2 coats of wax are recommended, but not needed.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');