• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swirls allover my new car and stone chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swirls allover my new car and stone chips

Hi all,
    Thanks for adding me.
    I have a new car (dark shiny red) and I found swirl marks allover the car after hand washing it.
    I tired formula 1 carnuba wax but no success.
    I tried formula 1 scratch out but also no success.
    I bought meguiars hybrid ceramic liquid wax as a final coat and protection but i need first to remove those swirls from my paint.
    I fear I could damage my clear coat and paint. The swirls are noticeable in direct sunlight.
    There are many products from meguiars that say it can remove swirls but I am confused.
    What do you think about meguiars clear wax or 3 in 1 wax?
    I thought first of ultimate polish but after searching I found it is meant mainly for gloss.
    I don't want to use many steps like compound then polish then wax.
    It is really frustrating to see my new car like that.
    I also wash it with armor all shine and wax soap.
    Another thing, I noticed today 2 small stone chips which added more frustration to me.
    Can you help me guys?

Re: Swirls allover my new car and stone chips

Are you working by hand or machine? If you are working by hand you will more than likely only remove the light swirls. A polisher will give better results.

3 in 1 wax is an abrasive cleaner wax. It will remove swirls but again it depends if you are working by hand or machine. Since you don't want to do multiple steps then a cleaner wax is what you want to use. Dedicated polishes and compounds will correct more.

Ultimate Polish is abrasive and will remove defects as well as glossing up the paint. It will need a form of protection applied after.

The best advice I can give you is to do a test spot and go from there.

With regards to the paint chips, you can touch those up yourself or if it was purchased like this then speak with the dealer.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

I will work with my hand.
      So do you recommend ultimate polisher or cleaner wax?
      Also if I use cleaner wax, can I apply it frequently, I mean every month for example or only one time because it contain abrasives? Do I need to apply a protective wax over cleaner wax as a protection?
      About the chips, they are newly found, what products you recommend to treat them?
      Lastly, about hybrid ceramic liquid wax, is it worthy? I read that after applying it, all I need after that is washing by water then dry.

Comment

Welcome to Meguiar's Online Forums.

Here is more information on the the 3 in 1 Wax product The Guz mentioned.
        It is a cleaner, polish and protectant in one product. It is used similar to a polish if using by hand.
        It leaves some degree of protection.
        One advantage when working by hand is that you could divide the car into a couple days of work, with each day's work protected by the wax left behind on the completed panels.
        Wash the remaining panels for the next attempt (next day or next weekend) and apply until all panels are complete.
        Depending on environmental variables, you may only need to use 3 in 1 Wax once or twice per year.
        You can use the hybrid ceramic wax for normally protection the other times you wash.

Comment

When working by hand, use caution to keep your pressure even. Do not allow one or two finger tips to put uneven pressure on the pad that might result in uneven application.

Comment

Mohammad, may I suggest starting a second thread topic on your touch up questions.

Comment

Thanks alot for your help
              I will start a new thread topic about stone chips

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');