• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carpet Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet Cleaning

What's the best solution for cleaning carpets? I've had a lot of success with my own blend of different products and chemicals, but what I want to know if there's anything out there that's a bit more professional than laundry detergent. I've tried a few different spray foamie carpet cleaners, but so far no luck.

Have you tried this?

Heavy All-Surface Interior Brush

With either of these?

Heavy Duty Carpet & Interior Cleaner

All Purpose Cleaner

Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner is ideal for reconditioning interior surfaces. The superior foaming action gently lifts the dirt away while its unique blend of fabric softeners and optical brighteners enhance the look and feel of carpet, upholstery, vinyl and even leather.

D-10101 1 gallon
    D-10105 5 gallon
    D-10155 55 gallon

Medium Duty Degreasing 10:1
    Heavy Duty Degreasing 4:1

Recommended replacement for All Purpose Cleaner +.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Never knew all that was available. I'm going to have to find a larger supplier of product. Thanks, Mike.

Comment

No Problemo
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I use the Little Green from Bissell. And it work's good.

Comment

Some of my handy work with the tools described by Mr Phillips.

Floor mat Extreme Makeover? (lots of pics)

Toyota 4X4 Interior

Good luck.

Comment

The proper formula for cleaning most carpets is

C hemical
              H eat
              A gitation
              T ime

Equal parts of each is ideal but if you don't have enough of each one to be equal you increase one or all of the others to make up for the difference.

Unfortunately in my area I fix quite a few auto carpets from detail shops leaving to much detergents in the carpet. Carpets in Automobiles normally are made of nylon. Nylon is very resilient & durable. All purpose cleaners are normally very high in PH & leave a residue if not extracted.

The best method in my experience for Auto carpets is a good Hot Water Extraction (Also known as Steam Cleaning)

Which Includes but is not limited to
              1. A thorough Vacuuming
              2. Prespray with a good product for carpets
              3. Let prespray work for a few minutes
              4. Extract with a good machine preferably with Heated water & a good Acid rinse ( This will leave your carpets with a softer fill not stiff like some other rinse agents will do) or Low residue detergent rinse followed by a misting of acid rinse.
              5. Apply a good Protectant to carpet if part of service.
              6. Speed dry with air movers so that you have Less problems with
              Wick Back

This would be how to do a good general cleaning not including specialty spotting odors etc.

As for the chemicals if you are a Detail Shop you could look for a good carpet cleaning supply Distributor unfortunately most good distributors will not sell to consumers due to professional products being stronger.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');