• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hybrid Ceramic Bead Booster - not what I expected 👎🏼

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid Ceramic Bead Booster - not what I expected 👎🏼

I have tried Bead Booster for the first time recently, and I have to say it didn't perform well as to what I expected.

This car does have a ceramic coating nearly 2 years old, and have successfully used Hybrid Ceramic Wax Spray and Detailer with great results.
    However when using Bead Booster as a drying aid, it did not leave any sort of slickness. With the back side of my finger , I ran it across the body and it didn't glide smoothly at all. It was in fact very dry and graby (the next day).

Some extra info:
    -Body is in good condition with no significant scratches or marks
    -Colour is white, so I can't see much swirls but I'm sure they are there as my eyes aren't quite trained to see them in this colour.
    -Bead booster was diluted to 1:3 (1 part water, 3 parts product)
    -Demineralised water was used to dilute

Have I done something wrong? Please help

Re: Hybrid Ceramic Bead Booster - not what I expected 👎🏼

Doesn't sound like you have done anything wrong but here are a few things to consider...

1) You have diluted the product. Nothing wrong with that as that is one of it's intended uses but that does mean you have basically made it a detailer
    with some protection versus a spray wax/sealant. That is certainly going to make a difference in how much is left behind on the surface. It would be unfair to
    compare it to something like Hybrid Ceramic Wax.

2) Bead Booster diluted at 1:3 is in essence nearly identical to Hybrid Ceramic Detailer so there really should be no noticeable difference?

3) Is there any chance you have recently picked up some bonded contaminants that are now stuck to the surface and washing has not removed them?

4) Is there any chance you did not thoroughly wipe off the product? Did you use a good microfiber towel?

Again, just some things to consider.
    Brian Hann
    Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, California
    bhann@meguiars.com
    (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Hann View Post
      Doesn't sound like you have done anything wrong but here are a few things to consider...

1) You have diluted the product. Nothing wrong with that as that is one of it's intended uses but that does mean you have basically made it a detailer
      with some protection versus a spray wax/sealant. That is certainly going to make a difference in how much is left behind on the surface. It would be unfair to
      compare it to something like Hybrid Ceramic Wax.

2) Bead Booster diluted at 1:3 is in essence nearly identical to Hybrid Ceramic Detailer so there really should be no noticeable difference?

3) Is there any chance you have recently picked up some bonded contaminants that are now stuck to the surface and washing has not removed them?

4) Is there any chance you did not thoroughly wipe off the product? Did you use a good microfiber towel?

Again, just some things to consider.
      Thanks for the response mate.

1) I diluted because I really only wanted a topper from using Hybrid Ceramic Wax a few months before.

2) I do feel like Bead Booster feels less slick than Hybrid Ceramic Wax Detailer.

3) I don't think I would have, because most of, if not all the paint dosn't feel slick. The car hasn't been outside it's normal commute and I used the same technique to wash previous to using Bead Booster.

4) Since I used as a drying aid, I gave the drying towel 3-4 sprays of Bead Booster, then sprayed the wet panel with Bead Booster about the same number of sprays then flipped towel to buff off. I used a Korean made drying towel. Is this correct?

To be honest, I am doubting myself I correctly diluted to 1:3. During the week I'll make a small batch and compare to diluted one I've already made.

-Can bead booster straight (neat), be used as a drying aid?
      -When using straight, is Bead Booster similar to Hybrid Ceramic Wax Spray?

Comment

Yes, Bead Booster can be used straight. This is what it was primarily designed for and how most people use it.

Although the final result would be more like Hybrid Ceramic Wax the formula is still fairly different and of course the application is very different. Keep in mind Bead Booster is still a maintenance product designed to boost/maintain what you have already laid down with your primary protection. It is not going to hold up a long as the Hybrid Ceramic Wax or Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax.
        Brian Hann
        Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
        Meguiar's Inc.
        Irvine, California
        bhann@meguiars.com
        (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');