• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8mm vs 15mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8mm vs 15mm

I know this has been probably covered before, i am looking a getting a new da polisher, Meguiars MT300 is only rated at 500w and a 8mm of throw, I see some 8mm & 15mm with 750- 1000w motors. I was wondering if there was a reason for Meguiars only designing with a 500w motor? Can the MT300 do major corrections with the right pad / compound combinations? Is there any plans for a more robust tool and going to a long throw?

Re: 8mm vs 15mm

Originally posted by LT10retired View Post
    I know this has been probably covered before, i am looking a getting a new da polisher, Meguiars MT300 is only rated at 500w and a 8mm of throw, I see some 8mm & 15mm with 750- 1000w motors. I was wondering if there was a reason for Meguiars only designing with a 500w motor? Can the MT300 do major corrections with the right pad / compound combinations? Is there any plans for a more robust tool and going to a long throw?
    I've been watching the Autogeek youtube channel a bunch recently, and Mike Phillips has several videos on there with Meguiars polishers and others, and what pads to use, not use.. combinations of products.

Here's one, but there's others...

Mike goes over his new customer kit that will help you land the job and both guys will go over some products that will help you start off right with your new...
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');