• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RV Oxidation Removal and Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RV Oxidation Removal and Wax

Hi everyone. I've lurked for a while, but this is my first post. I thought I'd share my results from my work this weekend. I have a 28' toy hauler that had some heavy oxidation on the fiberglass. I decided to go all in and bought the MT300 along with a bunch of pads and products. Here was my process and results.

I started with M49 and the red DFC5 pad. After some experimentation and practice, I worked out a process of applying M49 to the pad, then working over a 2'x2' area 4-5 times with the MT300, overlapping 50% and moving about 1-2"/sec. Then, I'd wipe it clean with a microfiber towel. This step took about 5 hours on 1 side (28ft by 8-9' tall). Step 2 plan was to use the M45 polish, but there was a slight breeze and I couldn't spread it out and wipe it off before drying so after a few trial spots, I stopped. I had such impressive results from the M49, I was happy. I finished with the M63 wax and DFF5 pad, let it haze, and buff off with a microfiber towel. This took about 1 hour per side.

For my trailer, I used about 20oz of the M49 and about 20oz of M63. I probably overused the M63 (too much in the pad), but it was also a learning lesson. I used 3 DFC5 pads and 1 DFF5 pad. The DFC5 pads appeared to be in tough shape so I did't keep them. The DFF5 pad was in great shape, so I kept it.

Here are some pictures. https://imgur.com/a/U0u5JEX

I hope it helps. When I started this project, I wasn't quite sure what to expect, how much product to buy, etc. I hope this helps others make plans.

Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');