• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA Polish marred/scratched my paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DA Polish marred/scratched my paint

Hey everyone, I’ve been gone from the forums for couple of years. I decided to take out my old G100 DA. After polishing with Ultimate polisher with meguires yellow pad. After polishing I noticed marring and leftover polish that would not come off. I did the following:
    - power wash/foam/wash
    - iron decon
    - tar x
    - mothers clay 2.0
    - wash/ prep-all
    - polish w/ DA yellow pad
    - prep all
    I was wondering if I can wash again, use UC with the DA to correct this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: DA Polish marred/scratched my paint

Also, the polisher is kinda old so not sure if this has anything to do with it? Also, I did not put any wax/sealant yet since I am trying to figure out how to correct this issue. The car is outdoors so I know I have to re-wash.

Comment

https://imgur.com/a/0MZ5cVD

Comment

did you try to remove the spot by hand with some polish?

dont like area its showing up on. Has the vehicle be re-painted

Comment

I was able to remove all of of. Used compound and yellow pads. Sealed it with Turtle Hybrid. I got the car brand new from the dealer last year so I wouldn’t think it’s been repainted.

Comment

Ultimate Polish?

Yeah that happens sometimes. I still can't figure out why it happens so inconsistently. I can go through while bottles no problem, and others.... They're a problem!

To remove the "deposits", I'll add a drop of product to the pad, and go over the deposit, and wipe off immediately. Usually that will work.

Also, make sure you give that bottle a really good shake.

Comment

If you're seeing left over product like in this instance:- put more of the same product (in this case Ultimate Polish) on a soft foam applicator and lightly rub over the dried Ultimate Polish. It will remove it easily. Remember: 'Like removes like'.

Looks like the product dried which can cause a lot of products some difficulty in removal. Could have dried from over working the product, or perhaps polishing too large of an area for the amount of product you had on your pad.

FYI, any 'scratches' you're seeing are likely 'frustration scratches' ie scratches you put in yourself in the frustration of trying to remove the Ultimate Polish. A lot of people have done similar (or worse) when these situations arise!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');