• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure which product to start with.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure which product to start with.

I'm new to the DA polishing world but not to detailing as a hobby. I have a 2020 911 that I have been trying to be super careful but still have very light scratches. I have the following Megs products and a Griots G9. Please could you tell me what you recommend me use?

Meguiars Scratch X 2.0
    Meguiars UC
    Meguiars 105
    Meguiars 205
    Meguiars #9

My process was going to be:

• Wash
    • Rinse
    • IronX
    • Rinse
    • Clay
    • Polish
    • Sealant

Does that sound correct?

Thanks

Re: Not sure which product to start with.

I tend to like to wash after IronX/TarX...

As far as products, #205 then seal/wax should be fine for mild swirls... if not looking at some newer products.

But there is also a question of what pads you are looking at using?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post

Thanks Murr, the pads I have are the ones that came with the 5" conversion kit for the G9. My plan was to go light as the car is only 1 year old and I felt like I've always been super careful with rag company wash mits and drying towels, with two buckets grit guards, etc. Surprised I managed to scratch it.

My wife's car is a little older and has a similar amount of scratches. I wash that one too, so it must be my fault. I'm considering rinsing with distilled water so I don't have to touch the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post

As far as products, #205 then seal/wax should be fine for mild swirls... if not looking at some newer products.

Agreed!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');