• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single Stage Acrylic Enamel Metallic-First paint job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Stage Acrylic Enamel Metallic-First paint job

I have an old 30 yr old daily driver pickup that I painted about a month ago. Painted it in my garage and it came out A little better than I expected. No runs but lots of trash/dirt nibs?. I do not have any runs but do have tons of moderate orange peel. I am not planning on clearing it. I has a decent shine... considering.
    Of course, I am not going to try to color sand it either. What exactly can I get away with as far as polishing this outdated paint system? There is not much info out there at all on single stage enamel paints other than "don't cut and buff that paint!!!" Someone gave me the paint and hardener probably 3-4 years ago Yeah, I was still good as far as I can tell. I would like to be able to get some of the dirt/trash/bugs out of top layer if I can and the truck does have 3 coats of paint on it. I can live with the orange peel.
    I already have a few Meguiar's products that I use on my other vehicles. I have Meguiar's 105, Medium Cut Cleaner 1, and your Clay bar kit. Is the #1 considered an aggressive compound? Could it be considered a coumpound? Can it be used on this paint? Let me know what I can use if I need to go a different direction. I don't have a clue. I was planning on doing this by hand but I do have a dual action polisher.
    Thanks in advance, Allen
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');