• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre Season Boat Detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Season Boat Detail

I am getting ready to clean/wax my 33' white fiberglass boat before I launch for summer. The gel coat is in very good shape and I would prefer not to use anything too aggressive on it. Based on many hours of research I am considering using the M50 Cleaner wax to give it a good over all cleaning and bring out the shine even more and then follow up withe Flagship Premium Wax to protect it as long as possible.
    I plan on using my PC DA polisher with the new Lake Country SDO pads. Not sure if I'll use the blue or orange with the M50 Cleaner Wax but I'll use the black pad for wax/sealant.
    Has anyone used a similar process or can offer ideas or suggestions?
    Geowh

Re: Pre Season Boat Detail

sounds good. You can use a more aggressive pad or lesser aggressive pad with the cleaner wax depending on how the boat is responding... so do a test section to see how it responds. Just make sure to clean out your pad with a brush or compressed air every few passes. Gel Coat sheds a lot. I use like 3 pads on my 24 ft boat for just the correction phase and used compressed air to clear out the pad after every (2) 2x2 or 3x3 passes.

Comment

[QUOTE=twisty roads;597456]sounds good. You can use a more aggressive pad or lesser aggressive pad with the cleaner wax depending on how the boat is responding... so do a test section to see how it responds. Just make sure to clean out your pad with a brush or compressed air every few passes. Gel Coat sheds a lot. I use like 3 pads on my 24 ft boat for just the correctionphase and used compressed air to clear out the pad after every (2) 2x2 or 3x3 passes.[/QUOT

Thanks for the reply
      What pads/process do you use?

Comment

Depends completely on the boat/rv/car. I used a MF cutting pad with a lighter compound which finished well so went to straight to a polishing foam pad with wax afterwards.

Comment

How did the detailing go?

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');