• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They gave me M85 and M83

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They gave me M85 and M83

The situation is the following:
    My wife, knowing that I like this detail, for Father's Day (I don't know if they celebrate it in Uncle Sam's lands), through an online store, she gave me a gallon of M85 and another of M83.
    I searched the internet and I already know they are of the diminishing particle type, old stuff as I understand it (Please correct me if I am wrong on this). I have also read, and seen videos, but all the ones I found are old.

So, I don't want to return it or exchange it, so I don't make her feel bad.
    My doubts are:
    1- How are they used? Much product? Little?
    2- Working time with DA and rotary?
    3- Can they be used to cut with Rupes blue foam?
    4- Can they be used with the Makita PO5000C, or with a 21mm long throw?

Thank you all for the answers that may come.
    Greetings from Chile

Re: They gave me M85 and M83

I clarify that I do not use wool in rotary, only MF and foam.

Comment

M85 is designed for rotary. You might be able to get away with it on a random orbital, but expect some haze. It was designed for the professional who at the time of development predominantly used rotary buffers. The rotary has the consistent motion and speed that helps break down the abrasives as you polish.

M83 is more versatile in that it can be used with a rotary, random orbital, and by hand.

Comment

Gracias.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');