• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 month old car has a nasty bird poop stain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 month old car has a nasty bird poop stain.

Hi all I'm new here, but belong to a number of watch forums & a Lexus forum, hoping to learn a lot from you guys.

As the title states my nearly new Lexus was dumped on by a Seagull last week whilst I was at the coast, it was only there for about 6 hours at most by the time I got back.
    I immediately spayed it with water & used a microfibre cloth to remove it.

The week before this the car was given 2 coats of Meguiar's Ultimate Wax.

I have tried to remove the stain with AG SRP with no joy, so I tried Meguiars Ultimate Compound by hand with a sponge, again no joy.

I am scared to rub anymore in case I rub through the clear coat as I have been warned that Lexus clear coat is quite soft.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached some pics.

Re: 4 month old car has a nasty bird poop stain.

How long did you rub by hand with the compound? You should be able to remove this with the compound and not burn through the clear coat. Continue to rub with the compound while continuously stopping to inspect. If you don't fill comfortable then let a valeter or detailer that has insurance handle it. You have many options in Kent, and one that states on their website they have full liability insurance with accidental damage coverage is Southeast. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I was rubbing it for about 15mins in total, about 5 applications, I was just very concerned about rubbing through the clear coat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bounce View Post
        Thanks for the reply.

I was rubbing it for about 15mins in total, about 5 applications, I was just very concerned about rubbing through the clear coat.
        You just want to be careful not to work too small of an area... if you just stay right under a finger and rub hard, there could be an issue.

Try to use a pad under your palm, or across your fingers to spread out the pressure, and kind of work a couple inch square.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
          You just want to be careful not to work too small of an area... if you just stay right under a finger and rub hard, there could be an issue.

Try to use a pad under your palm, or across your fingers to spread out the pressure, and kind of work a couple inch square.
          Thank you for that advice.

I have just borrowed a friends D/A polisher & tried it with some Meguiar's Ultimate Compound for about 10 mins, still hasn't really touched it, so it must be a lot deeper than I originally thought.

Comment

Hmm, I really dont see any marks/divots to remove... its almost like it just changed color...
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
              Hmm, I really dont see any marks/divots to remove... its almost like it just changed color...
              Hi, when I look at it through a magnifying glass you can actually see the etching & the low spots, but if I rub it down to the low spots will that actually be through the clear coat?

I do not really know how thick clear coat is & how much rubbing it can take, also how abrasive is Ultimate Compound?

I thought the paint work would go dull around the area I am rubbing, but it stays quite shiny.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');