• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pinstripe & adhesive removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinstripe & adhesive removal

I'm working on my red vw that's been a victim of the Florida sun. I used a round pinstripe eraser on my drill on one side of the car which worked well for the actual decal, but in some areas it looks like the inner part of the pinstripe as well as adhesive is still stuck to the car. I didn't want to keep going over it in fear of burning through the paint. I was actually going to lightly wet sand the sides of the car anyway then compound with my da buffer in a last ditch effort to get some color back. The hood and the hatch may be too far gone, I'll try a test area though. Will the wet sanding be sufficient getting rid of the remaining pinstripe/adhesive, or should I try going over it with the pinstripe remover again?

Re: Pinstripe & adhesive removal

Try some adhesive remover. 3M or GooGone.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      Try some adhesive remover. 3M or GooGone.
      I do have some goo-gone so I'll give that a try. Thanks for your help!

Comment

It's best to get the gooey stuff off before you polish with the buffer. You don't want that stuff on your pad. I have a lot of success with Turtle Wax Label & Sticker Remover.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');