• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rate my work, and be easy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate my work, and be easy

This SUV was badly UV damage and severely scratch up from tree branches and bushes.

Sorry only have the after shots.

Products used was M101, M105, M205.

Thanks for looking.

Re: Rate my work, and be easy

You achieved a finish capable of showing good reflections of the lines of the siding in the neighboring building, as well as the intersecting lines of the fence posts and cladding.

Well done.
    Where did you use the M101 vs M105 in your processes?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bear View Post
      You achieved a finish capable of showing good reflections of the lines of the siding in the neighboring building, as well as the intersecting lines of the fence posts and cladding.

Well done.
      Where did you use the M101 vs M105 in your processes?
      M101 was used on the severely scratched up area, the L/R fenders, doors, quarter panels.

M105 was used on the hood, roof, roof rack, cargo door, spare tire cover, glass.

M105 worked good at removing the scratches from the glass. I was amazed at how well it work.

I wish I had a better camera instead of a phone.

Thanks for replying and compliments!

Comment

Looks pretty dang shiny to me torque. Black will definitely let you know where you might want to refine your work, how did you feel about the finished reflection? Did you use work lights or just the daylight and sunlight?

Comment

Originally posted by HCAD View Post
          Looks pretty dang shiny to me torque. Black will definitely let you know where you might want to refine your work, how did you feel about the finished reflection? Did you use work lights or just the daylight and sunlight?
          Being that I am my worst critic I think there's always room for improvements.

I took advantage of the sun.

The issue I was having being black SUV was the panel heating up when the sun was beating on it. Plus the mechanical action of the pad rotation/orbits. I have to work on cooler days, with limited time before the panel heated up to the point where compound/polish drying to fast, plus the correction fluids started steaming.

Here is an example.

Don't mind my sister's head.

Comment

This is my favorite shot. I didn't post it before because my sister got black lines on the picture while blocking the plate.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');