• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polished Wheel Sealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polished Wheel Sealer

Does Meguiar's not have some sort of polished wheel sealant/ceramic wax type deal? I have some raw aluminum wheels that I am about to polish and would like to seal them some how. I was going to just go ahead and get some NXT Tech Wax and just slap it on there but I know the heat of the wheels is not going to allow that to really work all that well. Does anybody have any ideas? Not really sure what I should do here....

Oh and if anyone is wondering I am polishing using jeweler's rouge. One brown and then a white but I may do only white I have yet to decide, probably both.

Re: Polished Wheel Sealer

Meguiar's doesn't offer anything. A metal sealant is what you want. Even a ceramic coating won't prevent the raw aluminum from oxidizing.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Re: Polished Wheel Sealer

I guess not to prevent the metal from oxidizing. These wheels are not in perfect condition and I do not plan on trying to keep them looking amazing forever.

I am mainly looking for something that will help the cleaning process and keep some of the brake dust and what not from setting in.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');