• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie from NY nrrds orange peel advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from NY nrrds orange peel advice.

Hello from NY. My nephew surprised me by repainting my Jeep Wrangle. He did it outside using single stage paint. All looked great til the last coat which has alot of orange peel. This is NOT a show truck but would like to see if I can remove some of the orange peel without going crazy.I have been told to get a denim pad for my PORTER CABLE DA polisher and use MEGUIRES M-100 compound, would this be the best way? Is there a better way or a different compound? I have the Meguires Ultimate compoun, polish and wax, is this good? How long shoud I let the paint harden before trying to do this? Thank you for any help pointing me in the right direction.

Re: Newbie from NY nrrds orange peel advice.

By the way the paint that he use was from Advanced Auto DYNO COAT OPTICYRL C900 RM. Not sure how good it is but the kid did me a big favor and suprize.

Comment

Re: Newbie from NY nrrds orange peel advice.

That's a naughty kid. Can you share some photos?

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');