• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plastic trim cleaning/restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic trim cleaning/restoration

Hi all!

I'm fairly new to the world of auto-detailing - I was put onto Meguiar's products by a friend and have been thoroughly impressed. However there's one aspect of car care I'm struggling with, and hoping someone can help.

Our car is definitely a family vehicle - it has to cope with 2 kids, and a dog. This leads to various things that need cleaning and repair/restoration, but the one I don't know what to do with is the plastic door sills. These are a matt black plastic (photo link below of the kind of thing I want to deal with), and they tend to get scuffed and dirty as shoes pass over them. I note that Meguiar's have a range of products targetted at interior plastics, but I wondered if there was one that would deal with this effectively and make the trim look like new (or as near as is realistic) again?

Image: https://pasteboard.co/x9CKBUwO9Po2.jpg

Loving the polishes, and the G9416 Carpet & Interior Cleaner which really does wonders on dried dog saliva (yuk!) - so hoping there's something for this too.

Thanks!
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');