• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice Needed - Reviving a Legend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Needed - Reviving a Legend

Hello Everyone, I used to be a regular here some years ago, but orthopedic struggles sidelined me for a long time. I am newly invigorated with the chance to revive my (deceased) brother's 2002 Firebird WS6. It was a daily driver, so it's not a low mileage car. The body and paint are in good condition considering not being cleaned/polished/waxed in a long time. I have some tools and products ready for the task, but I would really appreciate solid advice on reviving this legendary beauty. What I have includes:
    • G110 v2 DA polisher
    • Yellow and black pads - burgundy pad too
    • Products I have are Megs car wash, Megs classic clay bar kit, Megs Cleaner wax, Megs Polish M7, and a bottle of Gold Class & NXT.

Though I might have all that I need, I'd like recommendations on additional products to use (white wax paste? Ultimate compound?). In the past, I maintained my cars with the products listed above along with the sprayable version of those waxes. My first concern is that a serious cleaning is needed here. Secondly, I'd love to get as much of a gloss as possible out of the paint. I am adding a link to show the current condition of the car. Thanks for reading and viewing.

Zscaler makes the internet safe for businesses by protecting their employees from malware, viruses, and other security threats.
    -Freeman

Re: Advice Needed - Reviving a Legend

The new Meguiars Spray Clay in the green bottle is a good paint prep before claying. And the Ult. Wheel Cleaner is also similar, but gives wheels a bit deeper clean.

If you wanted to stick with the consumer line, you'd probably want to add the Ult. Polish and maybe Ult. Compound. And then wax of choice is up to you... Ult. Wax, Hybrid Ceramic, or using up your current ones.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      The new Meguiars Spray Clay in the green bottle is a good paint prep before claying. And the Ult. Wheel Cleaner is also similar, but gives wheels a bit deeper clean.

If you wanted to stick with the consumer line, you'd probably want to add the Ult. Polish and maybe Ult. Compound. And then wax of choice is up to you... Ult. Wax, Hybrid Ceramic, or using up your current ones.
      Just to be sure, are you recommending Ult compound instead of cleaner wax or in addition to it?
      -Freeman

Comment

Well, generally there are two ways you can go.

You could wash/clay, then use the Cleaner/Wax and then wax... And that is a pretty quick and easy detail, but fairly mild.

Then there is the option of using the wash/clay, and then Ult. Polish (or Ult Compound if stronger is needed), and then wax after, 2 coats if you like... using the dedicated cleaning/polishing products will give a bit deeper cleaning, so if that is what you are needing, probably is the way to go.

Also, the Cleaner/Wax (red bottle) is quite mild.. there are stronger cleaner waxes, if you wanted to still keep it quicker, or for in the future...
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Got it! Thank you
          -Freeman

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');