• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best products for use on these wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best products for use on these wheels?

With so many choice available I am at loss as to which products I should be using on this car.
    I currently use cleaner wax and gold class 2 in 1 leather cleaner. Is there something better than this that I should be using?

This is the results I get with meguiars cleaner wax. Should I be using somethingelse for better results with this car?

The images above are the results of waxing by hand with meguiars cleaner wax.

Finally what meguiars wheel cleaner do you recommend that will really make these wheels and tires shine at their best? I prefer high gloss and high shine.
    I don't know which of your products is best for these specific wheels and tires.

They are oem wheels which are black with chrome or aluminium around the wheels.

With so many different option available I'm not sure which wheel cleaner to choose here since its black and chrome or black and aluminium.

Last edited by Mike2001-Z06; Oct 2, 2021, 11:28 PM.

Re: Best products for use on these wheels?

If you are happy then keep using what works. If you want to take it to the next level then consider machine polishing followed by a different form of protection.

As far as a wheel cleaner the wheel cleaner in the ultimate line is safe on all wheels.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

I may have different thoughts than others.
      Sometimes a nephew might show up and we clean his car or he wants to try a couple products.

The PH (acidity/alkalinity) can vary in wheel products, with some being OK for one type of wheel yet not OK for others.
      I don't want them grabbing the wrong product.
      Therefore, I only keep one wheel cleaner on hand now.

On that nice 2001 Corvette keep the following in mind. It is not just what the wheel is made of and covered with (paint, clear).
      We want to also pay attention to what is behind the wheels. That includes things like calipers, brake rotors, and on some older Vettes titanium suspension parts.

If we had chrome wheels and sprayed acidic chrome wheel cleaner, we could be too harsh for painted calipers, and possibly damage the finish of some rotors or suspension parts.
      We might have problems with alkaline cleaners that might also damage some of the background parts.

For that reason, I only keep a neutral PH (near 7.0-7.2 PH) wheel cleaner.
      I use Meguiar's Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner.
      This is a neutral PH similar to the PH of water. It is a thicker gel that clings to the wheel and then has chemicals to help remove iron particles.
      You should then work it in with a soft wheel brush.
      Do one wheel at a time.
      Do not allow it to dry on the wheels, also rinse the calipers, rotors before it dries.

Here is a link to Nickolas Winn's Product Intro Thread for Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner. Nick includes a couple short videos showing usage in the very first post.
      Meguiar's Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner (meguiarsonline.com)

Last edited by Old Bear; Oct 3, 2021, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Here is a video by Mike Stoops on Wheel Care.
        7.9K views, 231 likes, 17 loves, 48 comments, 30 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Meguiar's: Tip of the Month - Wheel & Tire Care

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');