• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M110 Ease of Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M110 Ease of Removal

Hello all, first post here! I just finished up with a two stage on a 2000 F350 dually flat black. Used M105 and finished with a mix of Sonax Perfect Finish and 205. During the cutting M105 began to flash really really quickly and really took a toll on my arms after having to wipe it off so aggressively. Because of the product flashing quickly I wasn't able to work it long enough to get all the imperfections out (wasn't shooting for a 90-100% correction anyways).

Ive had this issue with M105 in the past and now I am kind of tired of it, I have read that it can be a combination of too much/less product, too small/larger working area and temp/humidity related. I was looking at M110 since it seems that users haven't had that issue. Can anyone chime in, I read some reviews on it and there was no mention of it ever flashing quickly. Has anyone ever had flashing issues with M110 in the past, or noticed it likes to flash in certain conditions ie too much product. I understand any polish will flash at a certain point, just trying to gauge if M110 is as much of a 'princess' M105 likes to be. Its a pricey product and I can only get 32 oz bottles here so I don't wanna get it if it will be a repeat of M105!

For reference I use it on my Rupes LHR15, LHR75 and i-Brid all with Lake country MF cutting pads.

Re: M110 Ease of Removal

Welcome to Meguiar's Online Forums.

Possibly these threads will shed some light on experiences by users and how they found 110 easier to use.

M110 & m210 (meguiarsonline.com)
    Larry Kosilla puts M110/M210 to the test (meguiarsonline.com)
    Meguiar's Professional M110 Ultra Pro Speed Compound (meguiarsonline.com)

Comment

I actually read/watched these and they did help me better understand the M110 improvements. Looks like it sacrifices some cutting for an overall better experience. Have you noticed that it has a lesser learning curve than M105?

Comment

My hands on experience is limited.

I have heard from others that M110 can also finish out a little better, with less micro marring on some paints.

I had the very fortunate experience of having two of Meguiar's Top Trainers work with me on my El Camino with a hard clear coat.
        Since I had limited experience, they both thought it might be better for me to try M100 than M105. It seems easier for those unfamiliar with adjusting work time for M105.
        I really want to point out that M110 had not been created at that time frame. It is a recently released product, and designed to work very well with dual action polishers. I have heard from both that they think M110 would work even better for me, with my limited experience.

Let us encourage others to provide their experiences.

Comment

Here is a link to that Thursday Night at the Garage session a few years back.
          You can see the multiple products we used for test spots, working from less intensive to more intensive.
          Pictures from June 1st, 2017 Thursday Night Open Garage (TNOG) (meguiarsonline.com)

Let us encourage others to provide their experiences.

Comment

You will be much happier with M110. It is a much more positive user experience than M105. M205 is still good and M210 is nice to have.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

M105 was initially developed for rotary buffers, and was later tweaked for da polishers. (Works great with a rotary/wool).

It's designed for very short cycle times, which can frustrate a lot of people who enjoy or need longer polishing cycles.

M110 is one of my favorites. For me it has a ton of cut, finishes great, and is very easy to wipe off.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');