• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hybrid Ceramic Wax and Wash and wax steps question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid Ceramic Wax and Wash and wax steps question

Hi guys, I need some suggestions.
    And sorry, I am still a beginner in this DIY car detailing.

Let say I clean the car completely car soap + claybar
    Between the curing time after I apply the 1st coat, if I have to use the car for a day or 2 and assuming it's not raining just some road dust on it.

What would the prep washing process be like prior to apply a 2nd coat. Do I need to do the full wash with car soap again or can I just like spray some water and wipe the car and apply the second coat?

Also, any tips on apply during 40 - 50 Fahrenheit (5 - 10 Celsius.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you

Re: Hybrid Ceramic Wax and Wash and wax steps question

Ok, so few things...

Are you referring to the Hybrid Ceramic Wash and Wax? Generally before detailing, it would be good to have a normal wash like the Gold Class, so you arent wasting expensive soap, or coating the dirt with stuff.

So you can wash and clay with the normal soap.

Are you going to do any cleaning/polishing steps?

Then you can use the Hybrid Ceramic wax. Remember to apply super thin, not big white residue. You can wait a day in between, or just an hour to do a second coat if you want.

If you had to wait a day, you could use a spray detailer, or wash... just depends how dirty you got it.

Generally the cooler the weather gets, the more you want to work in the sun to help waxes dry.

And then you could use the regular wash, or wash followed with a Hybrid Ceramic Spray, or the Hybrid Ceramic Wash and Wax, etc in the future....
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thank you for the reply and tips Murr1525

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      If you had to wait a day, you could use a spray detailer, or wash... just depends how dirty you got it....
      Assuming it is not raining and just a road dirt&dust What type of wash should I do?
      Is it a full wash again with Gold class? Or
      is it just a simple quick water spray and wipe?

Thanks again

Comment

A dusty / muddy road.. I'd probably want some soapy water...
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');