• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dripping wet, deep shine, crazy gloss.... which line??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dripping wet, deep shine, crazy gloss.... which line??

Like alot of folks here, I've been a Meguiars fanatic for a long long time. Everytime they come out with a new product, I buy it up.
    But I will admit with the way the detailing world has blown up with products, I have strayed a bit and bought some 'off Megs' products here and there.
    Trying to stay in the Megs household, what is everyones opinion on what products give the best deep gloss, dripping wet, shine?
    Yes compounding, polishing, glazing paint will give the best results, but for the topper of choice what will give that best extra push?? Not concerned with durability, as gloss is the top goal.
    Choices are (newest to oldest)
    M27 (maintain with m799)
    Ultimate liquud wax (maintain with UQW & Fast Finish)
    Nxt (maintain with Nxt spray)
    Gold Class (maintain with GC spray)
    #26 Yellow wax (just lay more coats down)

Just curious what everyones opinion of choice for that extra little push after all the work correcting and polishing the paint to a mirror, what they reach for??

Re: Dripping wet, deep shine, crazy gloss.... which line??

One vote here for M27. Once you get used to the completely different way it goes on, and how at times the removal will fool you into thinking there's nothing there to remove, it's a joy to work with and lasts pretty well.
    Last edited by HCAD; Nov 13, 2021, 05:57 AM.

Comment

This summer M27 was my main coating product. It's an interesting product. With the self leveling tech my thought was it would help with gloss - flattest, smoothest surface helps create a good gloss base thought. I like the smell, leaves the garage smelling good for a couple days. I will say it washes better than the others listed above, I use a blower and water can't get off fast enough.

Comment

I still really like M21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0.

Comment

I never did get my hands on M21, it is basically the PRO version of Ultimate Wax???

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy View Post
            I never did get my hands on M21, it is basically the PRO version of Ultimate Wax???
            It is the pro version of NXT. Ultimate Wax does not have a pro version equivalent.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
              It is the pro version of NXT. Ultimate Wax does not have a pro version equivalent.

NXT was one of the Megs products I found was a step in changing times, a bit of a game changer, when they dropped it. It was so so easy to use on/off and produced such amazing results for the effort. But like the fanboy I am, as soon as they dropped the next product, Ultimate, I naturally had to add that to my already stocked shelves at home
              Now I'm trying hard to see which gives that extra bit of gloss.... for daily leaning on M27 because of the crazy ease of how water runs off with it's nice gloss.

It is a great time for car crazy people, the detail world is bonkers, sooooo many choices in brands/products. It's overwhelming almost. Was so on trigger for Polish Angel High Gloss for an extra pop top, but trying to justify the $$$ vs how much better it 'may' perform over one of the above listed products.
              ...or Tac, or Xtreme Solutions, or Kamikaze, or Jescar, or...... sooooo many

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');