• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glass coating... with si02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass coating... with si02

About 90+% of my detailing products are Megs, and one of my off brand products is RainX for my windows. Works great, as good as alot of the other more expensive products out there. But with Megs coming out with their Ceramic Hybrid Soap, I am delighted at how good it works to give a boost when/after washing a car. So if Megs came out with a ceramic glass coating that was on par with RainX BUT gave that window to boost up the si02 property every time you washed with their soap prolonging the durability of it would be a winner.
    I know some people do put a coat of wax/sealant/etc on their windows when doing the paint, but most manufacturers don't recommend that. So having a product with all the proper glass needs and that si02 tick to work with the product family would be a good buy for me.

Re: Glass coating... with si02

Ceramic/SiO2 is the new marketing buzzword. So I'm sure it'll start popping up all over the place, if it hasn't already with other companies. I'm more inclined to use the Hybrid Ceramic on windows while applying the sealant to the paint. Less time involved switching product and application method.

Comment

Other brands offer a true coating for glass.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Ceramic coating is already a reality in car care, the technology itself is getting matured with new formulations such as Graphene, SiC etc. But unfortunately lots of over hypes as well such as 10h hardness...
        GreenZ Car Care, India's first premium auto detailing products store

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');