• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gallon/Pro Ultimate Wheel?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallon/Pro Ultimate Wheel?????

I really like the Megs Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner alot, very enjoyable to use. I have been buying it when it goes on sale, but 709ml does go fast enough. Has Meguiars gave word of gallon offerings of this yet?? Or what is the closest product in the gallon offerings??

Re: Gallon/Pro Ultimate Wheel?????

Buddy, this is not quite what you are looking for. However take a look through this thorough (many posts) on the D1801 Professional Wheel & Paint Iron Decon product.
    Meguiar's D1801 Professional Wheel & Paint IRON DECON (meguiarsonline.com)

Comment

Thank you! I know alot of the iron products out there, all brands, smell pretty bad, strong. Ultimate may not be as dedicated iron as others???? But it doesn't smell bad at all, actually kinda pleasant. To my nose anyway. Does the D1801 smell similar?
      I mean, I don't even like keeping the iron products I have in my cabinet, it overpowers it's smell. And I triple plastic bag them to try to lock the smell away. Ultimate gives off no smell sitting in a cabinet. I figure it isn't as stong a mix as D1801? More consumer product??

Comment

D1801 smells worse than some of the other iron removers.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Ugh, I appreciate the role iron removers play, I just don't enjoy the smell. Using it doesn't bother me, it's the storing it. I don't leave it in the garage cabinet so it doesn't maybe freeze in cold winter months so put it in basement cabinet. Having a product that smell leaches sitting, even when triple bagged... thats a strong smell. Unfortunately may pass on the D1801 if it's worse than others. Almost out of Sonax Fallout Remover managed to keep the storage smell fairly under control. Figured if there was large sizes of Ultimate it would be a winner... lol guess not.

Comment

Do what I did - buy 5 bottles of the Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner at Walmart and put them in a spare gallon container and refill a Meguiar's Detailer spray bottle.

Pricing is still cheaper to any other wheel cleaners on the market in a gallon size with the following specific features:

- gel consistency
            - iron remover element
            - cleaning surfactants

(Koch Chemie, Mckees 37, Oberk)

Comment

The gallon sizes are fairly cheap...for the gallon.. of Megs products, compared to the bottles. I like the Ultimate, but to buy multiple bottles does add up. Here anyway. I think a bottle at Canadian Tire or Walmart are about $16???
              I may have to do that though, I am really happy with the Ultimate over others.

Just checked Carzilla up here, gallon of the d1801 is $108. CT had the Ultimate on sale for $16.10. So it's kinda even. If the gallon goea on sale it's the better buy. But then there's that smell the Ultimate doen't have. Ultimate bottles it is!!
              Last edited by Buddy; Dec 6, 2021, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy View Post
                Just checked Carzilla up here, gallon of the d1801 is $108. CT had the Ultimate on sale for $16.10. So it's kinda even.
                Even? My math shows the Ultimate is cheaper.

$16.10 x 5 = $80.50 = 120 oz (just 8 ounces shy of 1 gallon)

Comment

I meant when the d1801 goes on sale - when I would buy it - sale price would be very similar.
                  It actually worked out better, Ultimate sale price was $16.19/bottle, I grabbed 4, and I had $4.53 in Canadian Tire money to take off the total. Also got an offer from CT if spend $50 or more get $10 in CT money. So worked out really good.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');