• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air freshner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air freshner

I think this is the right forum to post this but..I have a 1997 Monte Carlo Z34 and no matter what kind of air freshner I use in the car it only lasts for like a day or 2. does anyone know where i can pick up like a really strong Air freshner?

Thanks

Jeff Squier

While not an air freshener, the Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer works well to both clean the interior and freshen up the smell with a mild lemon scent. I used it a few days ago, and I still smell the lemon.

Richard Lin
    ShowCarDetailing
    5548 E. La Palma Ave
    Anaheim, CA 92807
    toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

I tried something from Eagle One and it lasted for week's.

Comment

Originally posted by chevyman2001
        I tried something from Eagle One and it lasted for week's.
        their spray freshener lasts forever that's good stuff. but just be careful if you spray it on a headliner and it's light colored it might stain
        rollin 22's

www.fordexplorer.net

www.cardomain.com/id/explore_02xlt

Comment

Try sticking a few dryer sheets under the seats. When the car gets warm it smells pretty darn good, I think. Ive never had a customer call me back about any odd smells. Give it a try and see what you think. I will only do this after removing as much odor as I can from the car, always try to eleminate odors, not mask them.

-repo

Comment

Hate to plug a product other than Meguiars on their website but I like a product I got from Top of the Line. It is a DyePro odor bomb. Have used it in a friends car that smokes and it took the odor out and he says the clean smell lasted a couple of weeks even with him smoking in the car.

Comment

Hi Jeff....

Well to answer your ??..By using an air freshener is only masking the situation and doesnt help since you said it only last two days...and if you purchase a more potent/stronger air freshener within time it will lose it smell and not cover up the the smell...going this route you will keep on spending money....imho

what you need to do is buy Meguiars Carpet & Interior Cleaner and Meguiars odor elimantor and all surface interior brush, you will have to determine if this will be enough too spray and clean your "entire interior"...you need to use the cleaner first and agitate the carpet(use some passion behind the brush) with the interior brush (just follow the direction) remember to

test spot any products you use......once you have detailed/cleaned the whole interior you need to decided and determine...one you can wait until your interior dries once it does then see if there is a smell if very little then you will need to use and clean the whole interior with odor elimantor..if not then you

are done....in my opinion i would wait until the interior dries...but you can go right ahead apply the next solution back to back with the odor elimantor.....i think this will improve your situation should this not i think your next step is using Professional line or D-Line....hope this helps......
              Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

If you like the smell of leather, go to your local upholstery shop and ask for any leather scraps. Cut the leather in small pieces and put them under your seat.

Comment

I would agree with what Djmigs said. Then try out Eagle One Aerometrics fresheners, I use them and they last about a month.

Comment

I like to use California Scents air fresheners... their the ones in the small tin containers. Last a little over a month, the can says sixty days but I think it only comes out to about 6 weeks. Coronado Cherry is my personal favorite.
                    Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');