• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Central Valley Z and ClubRSX.com at Meguiar's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Valley Z and ClubRSX.com at Meguiar's

Central Valley Z and ClubRSX.com at Meguiar's!

What a great class we had today! A big thank you to Steve for letting us use his car to teach hand and machine techniques on!

Steve's car before...

Ouch! this hurts your eyes to look at...

The swirls on the drivers side were removed by hand using three applications of ScratchX

This is the hood after being cleaned and polished using M80 Speed Glaze and one application of NXT Tech Wax both applied with the G100 Dual Action Polisher.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

big difference! way to go!!

Comment

I thought it was a VERY informative class and finally got me sold on buying a dual-action buffer! Thanks Mike!

Comment

Mike,

Sorry we had to run in the middle of your class. We had to get to another venue before 1:30pm that was pretty far away.

Thanks for showing me how to utilize the DA buffer. I'll be trying your technique on my friends Civic and see how the scratches come out. Worse comes to worse we'll try the touchup paint and then polish it out.

If it comes down to it a repaint will be in order.

thanks for the goodies too !!
        I like to gather information.

Comment

I actually have some photos of my own and thought I'd post them up.

The car that was pulled in for evaluation...

Everyone claying the car in a nice group effort.

Here's a closer look at the claybar:

The Quik Detailing spray being removed after claybar:

The finished results of applying ScratchX to remove the swirls on the hood:

During a break, everyone is wrote (optional) surveys on what they thought about the class, the majority if not the entire class chose to do it.

I would put up a picture of Mike working on the hood, but some of you are just not worthy of seeing his miracle at work. Unless Mike would like me to do that

Comment

I forgot to ask, did that miata get pulled in and worked on? I'd be interested in seeing those pics!
            I like to gather information.

Comment

Thanks Mike and Jose for the well instructed class.
              Herb, yes at the end a few people stayed to see what Mike was able to do.. But even with the DA and #83 did not make a dent in the paint. The paint defects are way within. So, the owner felt a bit dissapointed but at the same time he will keep driving his car until is time to repaint it. The good thing when that happens, it does not need body work. Not a single dent!
              cheers!
              Last edited by romulus; Jul 10, 2005, 07:53 AM.
              Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!

Comment

Wow the class was more fun than I thought it would be, and not too hard. Just enough lecture and hands on to get the idea of what we are doing. I might have to come back for a refresher in a year or so , maybe get some more people to come from our club. The drive was not that bad the whole day all I did was spend money on gas, that's pretty amazing! Welllll except for the stuff we bought after class. Thank you again Mike for the class very helpful and thanks from Central Valley Z.

Stuart
                Drive it before we are out of gas.

Comment

mike and jose... thank you both for a great experience. I had a great time! keep up the good work!

Comment

I enjoyed the event very much, it was informative, I really wanted to stay for the demonstration but I had to go to the san diego CRSX meet!!1

I'll definately attend the next one for the full-day and take notes!!!

THANKS MIKE & Meguiars
                    herrow.

Comment

Very nice!

I'd love to have my Z in there to be worked on by Mike. But alas, it would be such a long drive from Edmonton.

Perhaps someday I'll make the drive down to sunny California.

Jason

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');