• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3Step System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3Step System

Hey all! I have a few questions. I have been using the 3 Step sytem with good results. I recently tried the QuikClay detailing system. It's awesome!!!!! Now do I still need to use the Paint Cleaner in Step 1 or go to Step 2?? Another question is I have a friend who has a 2005 Pontiac G6 that has a scratch in it. Part of it I can feel with my fingernail the rest I can not. Any ideas?? I plan to clay the car, polish and wax. (Steps 2-3). Thank you.

Kelly
    MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

It is still a good idea to use a paint cleaner after claying. Claying is for above surface things, and a cleaner is for below surface defects.

As for a scratch, the best you can probably do is use ScratchX, and see how well it improves. You will want 3 or 4 applications over the scratch probably, and see what happens. The DC#1 paint cleaner is non-abrasive, so wont help scratches or swirls.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');