• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics of #40??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of #40??

Hey Hey,

first off, excellent forum Mike has setup here. 2 thumbs up for him from the deadman.

I'm looking for some pics if anyone has used #40 yet??? like on tires, dash, trim or whatever. This would help me give an idea of what #40 is like. I plan on purchasing a gallong of it in the not to distant future. Thanks all,,,,,,,deadman98

Most everything cleaned with APC+, then #40 applied to it. The leather has Lexol products on it.

I like #40 on interiors. It isn't too shiny. I don't like shine on interiors. I just like them to look clean and new. #40 and Poorboy's Natural Look are ones I like a lot on interiors. I've also thought about getting a gallon of #40, but I really don't use it very quickly. I'd probably have it for 5+ years if I got a gallon of it!
    1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
    2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
    1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Hey Aurora40,

Thank you for the pics! Your interior looks sweet man! Clean, sharp and the leather looks very sharp too, nice work

I'm like you about shine on interiors, I want to keep mine protected but I do not want shine, just nice matte finish or a very satin sheen. Thanks again for the pics, they look great!! deadman98

Comment

Looks great I have been looking for something else since I ran out of my consumer line meguiars trim cleaner. This looks like it might be the ticket. Like you said it looks new not shiny.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Well I picked up a gallon of #40 today at a Paint and Body Supply store. Set me back about $30 but no biggie, saves me on shipping. There called Hopkins & Kipp. Good people, and faster about getting stuff than the other paint and body supply I delt with before.

Weird thing is the jug they sold it to me in was an older #40 jug. It had to of been at least a couple years old but it was never opened before, still sealed from the factory. The jug is square kinda, not in the greatest shape in the world but it's not beat up either. Hopefully it's still good. I'll try it out and let everyone know how it works out,,,,,deadman98

Comment

Int. looks good like brand new.
            2001 ws6 Trans am
            (Blackbird edition #19)
            433rwhp
            409rwt

Comment

I like #40, a lot. What I like is the smell. It is pretty strong at first, but when it dries it has a slight leathery smell that I find pleasing. I know that now there's NXT, and GC Interior, and 303 is an excellent product, too; but I'm hooked on #40 (and I, too, have a gallon, which is enough for a lifetime I think).

Tom
              As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca
                I like #40, a lot. What I like is the smell. It is pretty strong at first, but when it dries it has a slight leathery smell that I find pleasing. I know that now there's NXT, and GC Interior, and 303 is an excellent product, too; but I'm hooked on #40 (and I, too, have a gallon, which is enough for a lifetime I think).

Tom
                Hey Mosca, I'll save you $5... Gold Class Vinyl & Rubber Protectant ***** on interiors. It's really greasy and shiny. It is ok on tires and such but I really hated it on interiors. I hated it enough to give it away (I keep everything figuring I never know when I'll like it again or find a new use for it).

It sounds like NXT Tech Protectant is really shiny too from the reviews of it (though the folks reviewing it liked that it was shiny). Also, according to the MSDS it has no water in it, which also makes me think it would be shiny and greasy. I also like #40 a lot and plan to stick with it until it's gone (I'd like to say I'll always use it, but who the heck knows what bug will bite when I use up the two 16 oz bottles I have of it).
                1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
                2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
                1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Here is what #40 looks like on my accord. It is what I have used from ay one. The car is a 94, I got it in early 96.

Comment

If you guys like #40, if you can try and get your hands on a some W-Dressing from the Detailer line. Take 40 and put it in a gel form and you've pretty much got it. I personally think it's slightly better. About the only down side to it is it doesn't have that good smell that #40 has. When the family decides to sell a vehicle I usually do everything with W-dressing then do tha air vents with 40 just to get some of that smell.

Another little trick. Get a swiffer or similar dust mop sort of thing and use it to quickly remove dust from your dash as matenience. Very hand especially when you have a black dash like mine. I'll have to take some pictures with W-dressing next time I do mine, which should be soon enough.
                    Later,
                    Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
                    Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Ok, not the best pics but here's how #40 looks on my dark interior...NOTE: The halogen lights made the the vinyl look a lot shinier than it really is.

Don
                      12/27/2015
                      "Darth Camaro"
                      2013 Camaro ... triple black
                      323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

time and time again the #40 looks great!
                        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Question about #40

Hey guys,
                          #40 sounds like great stuff. I wish meguiars gave samples -- if so I would maybe get some. I love cleaners and such that smell like leather. I had a couple questions about it: Is it water-based or silicone based? Also, I have used water based before, but I found it did not go on evenly. Does #40 go onto the dash evenly or do you have to keep going over it for it to look even?

Thanks,
                          Slats:p
                          -------------
                          John 17:3
                          -------------

Comment

Originally posted by Rick
                            If you guys like #40, if you can try and get your hands on a some W-Dressing from the Detailer line...
                            Interesting that you mention that as my local distributor told me nearly the same thing... I didn't buy the gallon then but, it sounds like I need to make another trip down there...

How's the W-Dressing from a 'dust attraction' standpoint? Also, are you diluting? Can you dilute?

RP
                            -The Final Detail-
                            Lagrange, Kentucky
                            thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
                            CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Re: Question about #40

I have used #40 for years also, and I have never had any problems with results. If the vinyl your are treating is really dirty, or has been neglected, they apply two coats. Apply the first coat heavy and work it in using a foam applicator pad, or a piece of terry cloth towel. Then wipe the surface clean using a new, dry terry cloth towel. This will first application will help you to clean the surface and remove any dirt build-up.

For the second coat, apply an ample amount, allow to penetrate and then wipe off any excess. Your vinyl should look as good as new.

If your vinyl is really dirty, Meguiar's #39 Vinyl Cleaner is an awesome cleaner, but it is a cleaner only and you need to apply a conditioner/protectant afterwards.

Mike
                              Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');