• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommended Products - G100a Dual Action Polisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Products - G100a Dual Action Polisher

Recommended Products for Removing Below Surface Paint Defects using the G100

Quik Clay System
    G-100a
    1 each W-7006 SOFTBUFF™ Cutting Pad (For use with the Gold Class Bonnets)
    2 each W-8006 Soft Buff® Foam Polishing Pads (For use applying cleaner/polishes)
    1 each W-9006 SOFTBUFF™ Finishing Pad (For use applying NXT Tech Wax)
    #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish
    #80 Speed Glaze
    Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax
    Supreme Shine Microfiber
    X4003 Gold Class Clear Coat Safe Microfiber Bonnets 2-Pack

Quik Clay System

G-100a

1 each W-7006 SOFTBUFF™ Cutting Pad (For use with the Gold Class Bonnets)

2 each W-8006 Soft Buff® Foam Polishing Pads (For use applying cleaner/polishes)

1 each W-9006 SOFTBUFF™ Finishing Pad (For use applying NXT Tech Wax)

#83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish

#80 Speed Glaze

Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax

Supreme Shine Microfiber

X4003 Gold Class Clear Coat Safe Microfiber Bonnets 2-Pack

Picture coming soon
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Hey Mike, I have the wax, DA, pads are on the way, have the clay system, microfiber, and Show Car Glaze o7, along with DC#2. I understand the DC #2 is not recomended for use with the G100. Is the 07 close to the #83 or #80? If so which one so I can order the other.

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by RRaider
      I understand the DC #2 is not recommended for use with the G100.
      The Deep Crystal Polish is a pure polish, in Meguiar's terminology this means it contains no ingredients with the intended purpose of abrading the surface, in other words it is completely non-abrasive and it's primary purpose is to create gloss, clarity, richness of color.

It is perfectly fine to use with a dual action polisher, it would be the wrong product if your goal is to remove paint, or in other words, if your goal is to remove below surface defects because it's non-abrasive. If your goal is to remove below surface defects then we would recommend a cleaner/polish which is a polish that does contain ingredients with the intended purpose of abrading the surface.

Originally posted by RRaider
      Is the 07 close to the #83 or #80? If so which one so I can order the other.

TIA
      The #7 is close or similar to the Deep Crystal Polish, that is it's a pure polish and completely non-abrasive.

You need to read good old thread 2409 and focus on the section on polishes.

Hope this helps...
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

LOL, Mike, it's pretty sad when you know thread numbers.

Thanks

Comment

how does the step 1 paint cleaner compair with the other paint cleaners while using the G100, ive only used step 1 by hand.

Comment

step 1 is very mild even when using the g100.. i would say that it is one of the least aggresive products out there

however step 1 is good enough to remove paint transfer
            Patrick Yu
            2003 Honda Accord
            2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

that should be good enough for me then. my cars really dont have any flaws below surface that i can see, However im sure even though i maintain the paint very well there are still contaminants below surface that i can not see or feel. ive just used the step 1 each time before i waxed with nxt.

heres a question, i use step 1 before i wax with liquid nxt, i follow the 5 step cycle religously. Now if i was reading it correctly before waxing its best to clay then use the cleaner?

if the cleaner removes below surface imperfections, then it must also remove above contaminants as well, is that right? Or is it still really best to use clay, and the cleaner. Is there a time when you should just clay before waxing?

Comment

Originally posted by Love 2 Detail
                that should be good enough for me then. my cars really dont have any flaws below surface that i can see, However im sure even though i maintain the paint very well there are still contaminants below surface that i can not see or feel. ive just used the step 1 each time before i waxed with nxt.

heres a question, i use step 1 before i wax with liquid nxt, i follow the 5 step cycle religously. Now if i was reading it correctly before waxing its best to clay then use the cleaner?

if the cleaner removes below surface imperfections, then it must also remove above contaminants as well, is that right? Or is it still really best to use clay, and the cleaner. Is there a time when you should just clay before waxing?
                ya if you need to clay then wash -> clay -> DC1-> DC2 (you didnt mention that you used a polish)-> NXT x2

i dont think that just because you clay that you should skip the paint cleaner
                Patrick Yu
                2003 Honda Accord

Comment

well i was told by a meguiars customer rep last year that if i used step 1 and i used nxt wax that i could could skip the polish step, because the nxt wax was like a polish and a wax combined. now that was the 1st that ive heard of that, it doesnt say that on the bottle of the wax.

Either way i dont mind polishing, i was just told that i could skip that step.

Comment

lol theres a very very high chance that im wrong about the polish especially because you got advise from a megs rep so don't worrie about anything i said !
                    Patrick Yu
                    2003 Honda Accord

Comment

Re: Recommended Products - G100a Dual Action Polisher

an update of this thread would be great :]...
                      Ganesa,
                      Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Ganesa View Post
                        an update of this thread would be great :]...
                        Have you looked here?

Product, Pad and Speed settings for the Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher

Any other questions just ask.

Andy M.
                        Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                        Andy M. Moderator

Comment

wow, thank you for the link, I haven't read that thread yet...

big thanks again...
                          Ganesa,
                          Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Hi,

I use a G110 dual action. Prior to getting the DA, i was hand waxing my car using the NXT tech wax.

Is the tech wax still good to use with the DA ? I see that the finishing foam pad is suggested for using with the NXT Tech Wax. Apart from finishing off with a cotton terry, can I also use a separate finishing pad to clean it off ?

Thanks,
                            Terence

Comment

To remove a wax, you can either do it by hand, or with a cutting pad under a bonnet, usually a MF bonnet.
                              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');