Recommended Products - G100a Dual Action Polisher
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommended Products - G100a Dual Action Polisher

Registered Member Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Mike Phillips
    Office: 800-869-3011 x206
    Mike.Phillips@Autogeek.net
    "Find something you like and use it often"

Hey Mike, I have the wax, DA, pads are on the way, have the clay system, microfiber, and Show Car Glaze o7, along with DC#2. I understand the DC #2 is not recomended for use with the G100. Is the 07 close to the #83 or #80? If so which one so I can order the other.

TIA

Registered Member Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Originally posted by RRaider
    I understand the DC #2 is not recommended for use with the G100.
    The Deep Crystal Polish is a pure polish, in Meguiar's terminology this means it contains no ingredients with the intended purpose of abrading the surface, in other words it is completely non-abrasive and it's primary purpose is to create gloss, clarity, richness of color.

It is perfectly fine to use with a dual action polisher, it would be the wrong product if your goal is to remove paint, or in other words, if your goal is to remove below surface defects because it's non-abrasive. If your goal is to remove below surface defects then we would recommend a cleaner/polish which is a polish that does contain ingredients with the intended purpose of abrading the surface.

Originally posted by RRaider
    Is the 07 close to the #83 or #80? If so which one so I can order the other.

TIA
    The #7 is close or similar to the Deep Crystal Polish, that is it's a pure polish and completely non-abrasive.

You need to read good old thread 2409 and focus on the section on polishes.

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...&threadid=2409

Hope this helps...
    Mike Phillips
    Office: 800-869-3011 x206
    Mike.Phillips@Autogeek.net
    "Find something you like and use it often"

LOL, Mike, it's pretty sad when you know thread numbers.

Thanks

Focused on Detail Love 2 Detail's Avatar
    how does the step 1 paint cleaner compair with the other paint cleaners while using the G100, ive only used step 1 by hand.

step 1 is very mild even when using the g100.. i would say that it is one of the least aggresive products out there

however step 1 is good enough to remove paint transfer

that should be good enough for me then. my cars really dont have any flaws below surface that i can see, However im sure even though i maintain the paint very well there are still contaminants below surface that i can not see or feel. ive just used the step 1 each time before i waxed with nxt.

heres a question, i use step 1 before i wax with liquid nxt, i follow the 5 step cycle religously. Now if i was reading it correctly before waxing its best to clay then use the cleaner?

if the cleaner removes below surface imperfections, then it must also remove above contaminants as well, is that right? Or is it still really best to use clay, and the cleaner. Is there a time when you should just clay before waxing?

Originally posted by Love 2 Detail
    that should be good enough for me then. my cars really dont have any flaws below surface that i can see, However im sure even though i maintain the paint very well there are still contaminants below surface that i can not see or feel. ive just used the step 1 each time before i waxed with nxt.

heres a question, i use step 1 before i wax with liquid nxt, i follow the 5 step cycle religously. Now if i was reading it correctly before waxing its best to clay then use the cleaner?

if the cleaner removes below surface imperfections, then it must also remove above contaminants as well, is that right? Or is it still really best to use clay, and the cleaner. Is there a time when you should just clay before waxing?
    ya if you need to clay then wash -> clay -> DC1-> DC2 (you didnt mention that you used a polish)-> NXT x2

i dont think that just because you clay that you should skip the paint cleaner

well i was told by a meguiars customer rep last year that if i used step 1 and i used nxt wax that i could could skip the polish step, because the nxt wax was like a polish and a wax combined. now that was the 1st that ive heard of that, it doesnt say that on the bottle of the wax.

Either way i dont mind polishing, i was just told that i could skip that step.

lol theres a very very high chance that im wrong about the polish especially because you got advise from a megs rep so don't worrie about anything i said !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information