• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSDS sheets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSDS sheets?

Ok, so while working at one of the marinas, the dockmaster, along with an agent from FWGC (Florida Wildlife and Game Commission), asked me if I had the MSDS sheets for all of the products I was using. When I explained that I didn't, I got a nice fat $500 fine for "potential contamination of surrounding waterways, lack of proper documentation."

So, in an effort to get this dropped, I need to get the MSDS sheets for the following products, so that my name and reputation aren't tarnished by something like this.

MV80 mold release compound
    MV81 mold release compound
    MV82 swirl-free polish
    #66 swirl-free polish and wax
    #63 Flagship Marine wax
    #54 boat/rv gel wash
    #69 Quik Wax (aerosol)
    #50 one-step cleaner wax
    #64 vinyl & rubber protectant
    #10, #17, #18 clear plastic polishers/detailers.
    #68 non-skid deck and hull cleaner
    NXT All-Metal Polysh
    #46 Gold Teak Oil

Help!
    --Evan
    email: infinite_redline@yahoo.com
    Vanity
    Automotive and Marine Detailing
    "Because when you want everyone to look at your car or boat's shine, that's Vanity."

Meguiars makes it very easy... I have to collect them all the time, here is the link.

Get your self a nice MSDS binder from Grainger and you are set! I keep track of all our MSDS sheets in a Microsoft Access database, not sure you will have that many but I have to keep track of hundreds of products.

Last edited by gb387; Jul 12, 2005, 04:16 PM.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Re: MSDS sheets?

Originally posted by VanityYachtDetailing
      Ok, so while working at one of the marinas, the dockmaster, along with an agent from FWGC (Florida Wildlife and Game Commission), asked me if I had the MSDS sheets for all of the products I was using. When I explained that I didn't, I got a nice fat $500 fine for "potential contamination of surrounding waterways, lack of proper documentation."

So, in an effort to get this dropped, I need to get the MSDS sheets for the following products, so that my name and reputation aren't tarnished by something like this.
      You can also contact our Customer Care Hotline and they should be able to help you out with this, call them at 1-800-347-5700 and reference this thread.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, hopefully by sharing this with our forum other detailers will read this and obtain the MSD sheets they are required to have on hand for their business.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

T H A N K Y O U!!!!!!
        Vanity
        Automotive and Marine Detailing
        "Because when you want everyone to look at your car or boat's shine, that's Vanity."

Comment

I don't see one for G-133 NXT Generation Glass Cleaner. Is there one out there I can get?

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-T
            I don't see one for G-133 NXT Generation Glass Cleaner. Is there one out there I can get?
            Call Customer Care at 1-800-347-5700
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');