• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally clean striping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally clean striping!

Ive got a fully gt striped fiesta ST for just over 2 months now:

but i had a little problem with my striping on the back, the exhaust left alot of tiny black dots on it and i couldnt get rite of it. i used a lot of other brand products (around 10 i geuss) but none and i mean none even made the dots grey.

now, a friend of mine became a dealer for meguiars here in belgium and i stopped by him and toled him about my problem. next thing i new he took his microfiber towel and some scrath X and removed the dots in 2 sweeps! i was astonished! i never tought that there was anything that could remove the dots on the striping! it now looks even brighter then when i first got the car.

the next time i am gonna wash my car ill post an before and after picture of my striping because he only did 1 of the 4 parts ive got on my trunk

Thank you meguiars for this sweet product! this will make my new car new again!
    Last edited by Dirkxke; Jul 15, 2005, 12:38 PM.

Dirkxke,
    Welcome to Meguiar's online!
    I am glad that you were able to find a solution. Yep, Scratch X does wonders by hand and with the right technique. Please post some close up pictures with your results
    Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!

Comment

I will defenitly do that!

thx

Comment

washed my car today, the striping looks PERFECT now!

some pictures:

before washing:

after washing:

You can see that the dots are grey but not all are gone.

After amusing myself with the scratch X:

i needed my finger so the camera could focus to something!

and another shot:

after that great result i gave my hood and front bumper a good treathment with the gold class bug and tar remover and it looks like its only a day old

thx meguiars, you have made me really happy
        Last edited by Dirkxke; Jul 15, 2005, 12:50 PM.

Comment

thx meguiars, you have made me really happy
          they have a way of doing that every day !!...great looking striping !!....
          Last edited by TKDDAD; Jul 15, 2005, 09:47 AM.
          Bill Poirier
          West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Looking good!
            Not to bash on you, when you have other picture to show, here are the steps in how to put pictures in the forum. If you have problems, let us know.
            Thanks,

how to post pictures
            Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!

Comment

I know how to post pictures, but i have them online already and they are wider then 700pixels so i cant show them here.

next time ill resize them to 640X480 and will post them then

ill see if i can still edit my previous posts and resize them to a smaller size so you guys can see them

edit: got the pictures online after some searching, this forum doesnt like spaces or the %20 code in a url adres

and ive got an extra photo of my car so you can see what stripe i used for the pictures

Last edited by Dirkxke; Jul 15, 2005, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');