• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help w/ Order of Operation for the following products:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help w/ Order of Operation for the following products:

Hi!

I just bought some step 1 and step 2 the other day after eyeballing it on the shelf for a couple years and thinking my Gold Class was sufficient.

So to make a long story short, I'd like to know in what order I have to use these, along with my other products to give my car the best cleaning.

I'm getting clay tomorrow, I know that it and QD should follow a washing. After clay should I use (in this order);

1. Color-X

2. Step 1 Cleaner

3. Step 2 Polish

4. NXT (gonna try 2 coats for the first time)

?

Or can I skip step 1 after claying? And if I wanna spot a Scratch-X here and there, when should I throw it into the mix?

Thanks for any help!

dcn
    '87 Toyota Tercel 4WD SR5 Wagon
    '05 Mazda 3

Do Step 1. Clay and Paint Cleaner remove 2 different contaminants. Clay= above surface and Cleaner=Below Surface.

Don't know that you would need Color-X with Steps 1 and 2

Scratch X after clay
    Last edited by roushstage2; Jul 14, 2005, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the help, I kinda got the impression from other posts here that I wouldn't need color-x with what I've got, but I wasn't sure. I was sort of thinking of using Color X on my new fenders since they're slightly too light coloured (only from the sides, looking at the car head-on the match the hood perfectly), and I was hoping it would darken them up a tad.

Sounds like you've got a nice car there roushstage2.. I grew up with the sound of Ford V8s in my ears going to the drag racing track with my dad and uncle. I can still pick 'em out just by ear. Awesome sound I bet!

dcn
      '05 Mazda 3

Comment

NP. I just got done doing the DCS myself, works very well if you follow the directions and clay first, although I used Step 3 instead of NXT. When you say new fenders I'm guessing they are newly painted too? The color may not have been blended properly if that is the case.

Thanks. Sounded even better with the OR X-Pipe on, but I have to get a programmer first for it to work properly.

Comment

Yeah, the fenders are aftermarket ones, and when the 'friend of a friend' of my dad's painted them he kinda had to eyeball the colour. I left him my gas door so that he could judge which to buy. Looking at the car head-on, they look fine since the tops match the hood bang on. but from the sides they seem a shade too light, maybe not even a shade. The top of my car is stil original paint, while the door handles down had been repainted a long time ago by someone who -really- did a great job. Just wish I could find out who it was..

I'm at my parents' house right now since I don't wanna pay 12 extra dollars on top of the 22 for the QD/Clay for four sessions of rinsing at the car wash at our apartment, but there's no shade in their driveway for at least anouther couple hours. So I'm looking out the computer room window willing the sun to go down on a nice hot summer day. Not to sound cliche, but I think that wishing the sun down on a perfectly good summer day so you can wash/wax may be a 'Car Crazy' symptom.

dcn
          '05 Mazda 3

Comment

You don't need to wash the car between each step. Just wash it real good before you start.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');