• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natural shine greasy and plastic looking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Natural shine greasy and plastic looking?

Wow!
    Never had this happen.
    New or old cars.
    I don't know how this could happen.
    Natural Shine is a nice "dull" product.
    I would just wipe it down if this was the case
    I think this might be a fake testimony, since no one else has this problem, but I could be wrong.

Comment

I personally like it, picked some up the other day at China-Mart. Side note: holy thread from the dead batman - my daughter entered and graduated high school in the time this thread was at the bottom of the pile!

2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring - Crystal White Pearl

Comment

Originally posted by sneaky View Post
        Odd... I see a red bottle in one of the pix... Mine's black, but says exactly the same thing... Actually it has the same label?
        Natural Shine got re-labeled.

Old label

New label
        Shane
        1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Thank's for showing that.

I've got the red bottle....Shows you how often I clean my dash!I used it a week or so ago and came out tops.It's the first time I've heard of someone having any problems with this?

Comment

Just for the record, Natural Shine comes in either a black or red bottle with the new label, as seen here:

Nick
            Tucker's Detailing Services
            815-954-0773
            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
              Sneaky, could you clarify for us your complaint please. Precisely what parts of the car did you apply it to? Do I infer correctly you are referring to the exterior plastic trim?

Having just purchased a new car myself, I certainly understand your anger at this point. I have never used Natural Shine, so cannot comment on the product itself; but I have to wonder if some other factor might have caused the spotting. Is it possible that your car was hit by a water sprinkler, for example, on your way to church?

And don't forget that Meguiar's has a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. If you are convinced that the product is to blame, return your bottle to the store and get your money back.

FWIW, I have been using Meguiar's Gold Class Trim Detailer on the plastic exterior trim of my S2000 and Ford Taurus and have been very impressed with it. I have experienced no problems whatsoever. On our new CR-V, though, I have decided to use Ultima Paint Guard Plus: I want a sealant I can use on both paint and trim, and UPGP fits the bill. Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax can also be used on both paint and trim.
              sneaky,

Akimel has brought up what appears to be the heart of the issue. There can be a big difference when using a product like Natural Shine, or almost any other vinyl and rubber product, on an exterior versus interior surface. Many vinyl and rubber products are intentionally formulated to be water based. They will perform great on the appropriate interior surfaces, as well as exterior surfaces on some vehicles in some conditions. What it sounds like happened to you is something that is very common regardless of manufacturer. When a water based vinyl and rubber product is applied to an exterior surface and then exposed to moisture or rain it runs off. Depending on what part of the vehicle we are talking about this can look pretty bad as it runs/streaks across other surfaces. The method of application and how much product can also affect this unfortunate scenario. Don't feel bad as this is very common. I detailed a friends Ford Ranger when I first started at Meguiar's and the next day when it rained the product on the bed rails ran down the side of the bed!

Your best solution is to get our Gold Class Trim Detailer for the exterior as it is perfect for that surface on your Tribute. It really would be better to have a dedicated interior and exterior product. Please give me a call when you get a chance to discuss.
              Brian Hann
              Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
              Meguiar's Inc.
              Irvine, California
              bhann@meguiars.com
              (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Hi Brian.I'd like to add a point to that.

Every situation is different,including the user.I understand that.

I've been using natural shine on my civic,insight and a few other cars,'Interior and exterior' ,and have never encountered any problems.I've never even had it running off when it rains.When I hear this with other users,I think they must be applying too much product and/or not wiping it off properly. I can't think of any other reason?

Comment

Quick Detail Interior wipes are pretty darn good. Could be an alternative to Natural Shine if one thinks Natural Shine is still too greasy looking.

I've used Natural Shine in the past, although sparingly. I no longer like to apply trim detailing products if only for UV protection.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');