• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carpet Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet Cleaning

I have "mocha" carpet in my car and would like to do a thourough cleaning on it. I dont' have any real stains, but I'd like to get it back to "as new" as I can. Does anyone know of any good cleaners and maybe vacuum that I can use to shampoo the carpet?

Thanks,
    Jason

2002 Honda Civic (daily driver - for sale )
    1995 Taurus SHO- Supercharged
    2004, 2005 & 2007 FORD FEST Class Winner "Late Model/ 1974 & up"

Spray this on to the carpet. Massage it in with a soft brush, then vacuum the liquid up with a wet vac. Works like a charm. Might have to let the mats dry for a while as they are usually still a bit damp. Throwing them in the hot sun helps.
    Good Luck. Mocca mats, you have to post pictures, you have me curious.

Comment

Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner (APC) works well also.

BTW, nice SHO. I used to have a dark emerald green 93 SHO. It was a really nice sedan. It surprised many people!
      -Bob
      NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

You recommend this for the entire carpet and not just the mats?

Mocha is just a tan color...

Jason

Comment

You can use that setup on all the carpet. For a first go at it, I would do all the carpet. Then in the future you can just do what is needed. Awsome color interior. Reminds me of an old, old benz my grandpa had. Wow, that car has some juice . Looks like you road race it too. Awsome bro.

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Yeah, the car does have a little bit of power. I'm running more boost than I did in my dyno and I may even throw on a smaller pulley for 15 - 16 PSI. I do take the car out road racing. In fact, I was invited to race on Friday with SCR Performance here in CO!
            Jason

Comment

Sun Shield

What brand of windshield screen is that in the picture?

Thanks.

Comment

I don't quite remember. Next time I'm in the garage, I'll take a look. I have not run it on the car in a few years because it doesn't look to great with the A-pillar gauge pod. I loved it when I could actually use it though.
                Jason

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');