• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ferrari Detail Day at Meguiar’s!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even thought the results from the compounding procedure look great, Jamie's not finished yet...

Next he'll machine polish the finish using a Meguiar's W-8006 foam polishing pad with some #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish.

This will take his results to an even higher level!

And after a coat of Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax the results speak for themselves!

Excellent work Jamie, you saved the owner from having to have his mirror repainted!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Now for some beauty shots of the finished masterpiece!

This shot was taken right after removing the Tech Wax.

Here's shot of the roof, the paint almost looks wet!

*Look Out!* - Wet Paint!

Lest we forget, these car's have powerful engines too!

Here's what I'm talking about....

Who wants to go for a ride?
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips

Who wants to go for a ride?
        I do, pick meeeee!

Mike, please stop with the pics, I am getting jealous.

Ahh hell, I want more pics
        Elite Mobile Detailing

Comment

Mike, I cannot believe I missed this detailing clinic....

Comment

Wow. This is just amazing stuff. You guys really should be proud of yourselves. It really seems to have perfected your work. I loved all the pics.

What kind of polish was used on the silver onel, if any? #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish? Just curious if it even needed it.

I'm so picking up a PC, even though I don't have an exotic, I love my Jeep and love wet reflections

Thanks for pics, I want to go to an event. Have one somewhere close to Michigan and I would go!
            '87 Dante's Peak Off-Road GMC Suburban
            '01 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

fantastic job on the yellow ferrari - what scratch ?

great thread, excellent examples of what can be done

Comment

I figured Ferrari has a Spider, but this is one you do not want to come across !!

Last edited by CHzo6; Apr 23, 2004, 01:22 PM.

Comment

chz06

Oh MY GOD What in the hell is that? I've heard of daddy long legs but.....!

Comment

I didn't know there were spiders that big!!...Better not show this to the wife.
                    r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by CHzo6
                      I figured Ferrari has a Spider, but this is one you do not want to come across !!

Oh my gosh!!!!

Mike, isn't that what you pulled out of your Pool and had in that little ziploc baggie outside... but on a MUCH smaller scale!? It looks identical!

-RP
                      -The Final Detail-
                      Lagrange, Kentucky
                      thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
                      CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

That Bad Boy is a Camel Spider, found in Deserts over in the middle east ( this one was just outside of Baghdad )
                        If you think its nasty to look at, try sleeping and having one come crawling up onto your bed !!

Comment

Thanks a bunch...now I wont sleep tonight! I would be sleeping with a sword. Do those things bite? Or do you macho men kill them and cook um up.

Rusty Bumper...I recommend NOT showing that thing to your wife. I wish I never saw it...speaking from the womans point here.

Comment

not to mention that those bad boys can run up to 30 mph, and jump 6-7 feet high

Comment

Sounds like they are more feared than Sadam...

no more spider info....you guys are scaring me...

I'm just glad they don't shoot back.

any other creatures you military guys have run into over there? Maybe I really don't want to know.........

Comment

They are harmless as long as they are standing in shade. You see, thats what they go for.. they will "bum rush" you and halt when they get into your shadow. You run, so do they.

They don't truly bite.. they gnaw. They happen to secrete novacain so you don't feel it until you've been snacked on for a while if your a sound sleeper and you could be missing... part of your limb.

Sunny
                                Detailing is like playing music.. the more you practice, the better you become at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');