• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggested products for taking care of a new car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suggested products for taking care of a new car!

Originally posted by jeryruse View Post
    Some Tips for car:
    1. When washing a vehicle, do the wheels last. The very abrasive brake dust can get on your sponge and scratch the paint.
    2. After thoroughly rinsing off the wheel cleaners, a minimum of two times, the wheels should be dried. Then apply wax or proper wheel protectant.
    3. If you hit a pothole hard or run into a curb, inspect your wheels, or have a wheel shop do it, as soon as possible A bent wheel can flex as you drive so a small crack can spread. Then the wheel must be replaced.
    I actually use a seperate wash mitt and second smaller bucket only for the wheels/tires. Most of today's pads from the manufacturer have quite a bit of metal in them in addition to the other material being abrasive. To me, this is cheap insurance that I won't induce swirls from brake mat'l anyway.
    There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Comment

Re: Suggested products for taking care of a new car!

I wash the wheels/wheel wells first with a mitt that I use only for wheels. Then I dump the water and rinse out the bucket.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');