• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Waxes..Confused...??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember seeing somewhere in the forum where mike stated that he puts 2 coats of NXT Tech Wax. After doing so, the next time you rewax your car with NXT Tech Wax do you put 2 more coats again?

Comment

Originally posted by LT22
      I remember seeing somewhere in the forum where mike stated that he puts 2 coats of NXT Tech Wax. After doing so, the next time you re-wax your car with NXT Tech Wax do you put 2 more coats again?
      I can't speak for other's detailing habits, but I usually only apply two coats after a full detailing session, i.e. wash, clay, clean, polish, 2xLSP

After that, on the same car if the finish is still in good condition then it's usually just wash and 1xLSP
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        I can't speak for other's detailing habits, but I usually only apply two coats after a full detailing session, i.e. wash, clay, clean, polish, 2xLSP

After that, on the same car if the finish is still in good condition then it's usually just wash and 1xLSP
        About claying, cleaning, and polishing what do you reccommend applying these and wiping them off? and do you need them to settle into the paint before you wipe it off like you do with wax?

Comment

Is anyone going to tell me how?

Comment

Claying is a matter of spraying Quick Detailer on the paint, and rubbing the clay bar across. Afterwards, I hose the car off and dry with a Water Magnet.

Cleaning, if just mild, can be done with a foam applicator, or even coat applicator, worked in well, then wiped off with a supreme shine microfiber. If some swirls are there, you may use terry cloth to apply, for a little more aggresiveness. It should be wiped off before drying, perhaps doing an area the size of a door, then wiping off.

Polishing can be done with foam appliacator, or even coat applicator, worked i nslightly, and wiped off with microfiber. Polishes als oshould not dry before removing.

Waxing can be done with either a foam applicator, or even coat applicator, and wiped off with microfiber. The waxes and cleaner waxes should dry before remvoing.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

So claying, cleaning, and polishing all you have to do is work it in the paint then wipe it off right after?

Comment

Is anyone going to tell me how?
                Except for waxes, everything else is applied, worked-in, and then removed. In the Meguiar's line, the only things that need to dry are the waxes.
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

So claying, cleaning, and polishing all you have to do is work it in the paint then wipe it off right after?
                  Yes.

Claying
                  Apply clay, move bar over surface, wipe any leftover quick detailer residue off with microfiber and then move on.

Paint Cleaners
                  Apply product, work against finish, wipe off

Pure Polish
                  Apply product work into finish, wipe off.

Wax
                  Apply product, allows to dry till it swipes clear, remove products

Hope this helps...
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');