• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pomona Valley Corvette Assn. at Meguiar's! - July 23rd, 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pomona Valley Corvette Assn. at Meguiar's! - July 23rd, 2005

Pomona Valley Corvette Association at Meguiar's!

What a day! Just got home after finishing the clinic for the Pomona Valley Corvette Association car club's Saturday Detailing Class and I would like to thank everyone that attended. It was a really great class, there were really great questions and we hope we we're able to answer them all.

A big thank you to Gary for coordinating this class and also to Ron for letting us use his Corvette to teach everyone proper detailing techniques.

I'll try to upload some pictures from the event as soon as I can!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Full Parking Lot!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

All the Corvette's on hand we're in excellent conditionp

Rick Mears ZR1

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Sweet! That two-tone '86 is just like from Scarecrow and Mrs. King. My mom liked that show, and I'd watch it for the Corvette as a kid...

Do you have any more pictures of that Rick Mears car? It looks like the roof-mounted brake light isn't there anymore. I wonder if the bodykit has it already in the bumper?

I was never a fan of that body kit, but other than that it's a beauty of a dark red metallic.

Do you know if this car was repainted?

Or is it just the camera making the car look that color? I don't believe there was any purple color available in 1986. The closest thing was dark red metallic, the same as I had on my 1987 (called "flame red" in '87 though). But it never looked purple like that.
        1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
        2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
        1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora40
          Do you know if this car was repainted?

Or is it just the camera making the car look that color?
          Hi Aurora40,

The above Corvette has a custom paint job, I have another picture of it next to a silver Corvette that I'll try to upload.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Front

Back

Convertible Z06

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Here are some more fine examples of some of the Corvettes members of the Pomona Valley Corvette Assocciation brought to Meguair's!

These two pictures are kind of washed out because of the sun but you get the idea...

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Were there three 1986's? The two-tone silver, the custom purple, and it looks like a dark red one? Or is that just the purple one in different light?

I think that convertible Z06 must be a fakey as there was no convertible offered from the factory on the Z06 model.

I love that Grand Sport color scheme!
                1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
                2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
                1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora40
                  Were there three 1986's? The two-tone silver, the custom purple, and it looks like a dark red one? Or is that just the purple one in different light?
                  I didn't take count, I usually send an e-mail to all the club members after I have all the picture up so maybe some folks will chime in and answer some questions...

I think that convertible Z06 must be a fakey as there was no convertible offered from the factory on the Z06 model.
                  Yep... you're correct, the factory did not offer a convertible...
                  pass GO and collect $2.00

That said... Gary the owner is a crazy about Corvettes as anyone, and in fact the picture proves he's a little more crazy than most as he sent his Corvette up to a custom shop in Canada and had his 2-door hardtop turned into a convertible. He's suppose to chime in and offers some details. He did show me a couple pages of pictures depicting the process...

It is a Convertible Z06!
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Meguiar's Detailing Class consists a time for questions before the class, followed by an in-depth Power Point Presentation which includes Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle followed by answers to the questions asked at the beginning of the class and then a break lunch before we start the hands-on portion where we pick one or two club member's cars to teach technique and process.

We found it particularly difficult to find a Corvette in bad condition for two reasons,
                    • 1. Most/All the members take good care of their Corvettes many of them already using Meguiar's products
                      2. Gary, owner of D&R Motorsports, either details some of these Corvettes or shares his secrets with his club friends!

Anyway, it was difficult to impossible to find a Corvette with a really bad finish so in the end we chose a black Corvette because black shows everything. Luckily, Ron volunteered his Black Corvette for himself and his friends to work on.

First up... we wiped the Corvette down with Quick Detailer to remove any light dust. Ron had washed the Corvette the night before so it was still fairly clean.

Next, we showed the proper techniques for claying a car using detailing clay and then turned Ron's friends loose!

Here's Ron himself getting in on the fun!

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike,
                      Thanks for the great class! Everyone in the class learned something and had a good time doing it too. After the class, most of us went to a Corvette car show in Chino. John, The Flame, won best C5. His Corvette was the EB Z06 with the flames.

For those of you asking, the 86 C4 was repainted a custom color. So don't check your color codes from GM because its not there!

The Convertible Z06 IS a 2002 Z06 that was sent to John Caravaggio in Canada. The transformation was done with all original GM parts. When you see the car, check the VIN and you will see it has the LS6 motor in it. Chevrolet should have built these, because they are a kick to drive.

Thanks again Mike, will see you next time around, or at SEMA, which ever comes first.
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, BUT rather to SKID In BROADSIDE, completely used up, totally worn out, and SCREAMING "WOW---WHAT A RIDE"!!

Comment

sweet flames on the blue Z06. Any idea who did them?
                        Chopped 55 Suburban
                        99 3.0 CL
                        Family cars:
                        1958 Eldo Biarrittz Vert
                        48 Merc Woody - a true sleeper
                        New project: 67 Sunbeam Tiger
                        Newest project: 66 Mustang Vert

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodGuy
                          sweet flames on the blue Z06. Any idea who did them?
                          Hi Scott,

Long time no see....

When you bringing the Caddy by?
                          Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');