• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the "Best" Car Wash to Use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the "Best" Car Wash to Use?

I could do a search on this subject but the problem is: that the word wash or car wash is used in just about every thread on here.

Anyways.................. since now I have been getting into keeping my cars up again (opposed to washing once a month and never waxing ), I question what is the best Car Wash to use by Meguiar's? I currently use Deep Crystal Car Wash, which works great. I switched from Blue Coral Car Wash (which always left a haze). Before that, I used Turtle Waxes Zip stuff. 2 weeks ago, I bought and used Deep Crystal Car Wash, it is awsome hands down. Then, I got to thinking about what is better then this? Is this just a matter of preference? Or is GC or NXT even more amazing? And what about the conditioners in GC? I know I could buy my own and "See" for myself and draw my own conclusions, but it would take a month or two until using the entire product up to go to another type. So, I thought I would just kinda bring it up here and see what ya all think. Forgive me if this info lays deep in the bowls of the thread archives.
    Brad

Detailing a Vehicle is very Therapeutic.

I think Deep Crystal is supposed to have a lot of suds.. never really used it myself.

I really like Nxt and Gold Class.

Nxt seems to have a little more cleaning power, and is great if you have hard water.
    Gold Class leaves a little nicer look, a bit more gloss, etc than Nxt.

I have a daily driver, so I go for the cleaning power, and usualy use the booster wax after most washes. And they both work good with either wax, so dont worry about using Nxt with Gold Class wax, or anything like that.

Give your car a good washing, go over it with the clay, then clean/polish/wax, and you will be off to a great start.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Gold Class Car Wash is our Top Shelf car wash. It offers a lot of lubricity when you wash the car as well as ingredients that add gloss and slickness. NXT is also very good and offers more suds.

If you like Deep Crystal, you're going to love either of the above. That said, it's really a situation where you're going to have to try each car wash to see which one you like best. This is what I had to do and most everyone else that has an opinion on the matter.

NXT Generation Car Wash
      Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I started out with Deep Crystal myself, but I switched over to Gold Class about 3 years ago........It is an outstanding shampoo.

Be sure to measure out your product of choice though, as the instructions suggest. And always use the the 2 bucket method for washing your car.
        r. b.

Comment

Well, thanks all, thus far. It sounds like I may NOT wait until my Deep Crystal Car Wash is all gone and go out and get the GC to try. I am sure I will not be dis-appointed. I will use my unused wash as back up wash for the car and also use it on my house windows (windows). Thanks again.
          Brad

Comment

Originally posted by BJClarke001
            Well, thanks all, thus far. It sounds like I may NOT wait until my Deep Crystal Car Wash is all gone and go out and get the GC to try. I am sure I will not be dis-appointed. I will use my unused wash as back up wash for the car and also use it on my house windows (windows). Thanks again.
            Target has it by the Gallon for less than $10.00, and some have found it at Costco in the 1.25 gallon container for even less.

Good luck!

I know you will enjoy it.
            r. b.

Comment

I haven't tried NXT car wash yet. But I can say if you are going the Meguiar's route the Gold Class car wash is as good as any that I have used. I've tried many different brands, but my personal favorites are Gold Glass and Mother's car wash. The Gold Class is great but doesn't work as well on bug splatter imo. I use Mother's on the really dirty stuff, but when I am going for the A-1 look, I use the GC. I have been meaning to try the NXT for a comparison, but I haven't yet. I have tried the other Meguiar's consumer car washes, except NXT as noted, and GC is the best overall imo.
              Bama

Comment

If you like the Deep Crystal stuff, I'd say use it. If there's something more you'd like from a car wash, then look for one that addresses the specific thing you want.

Just my two cents, DC is a perfectly fine wash.
                1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
                2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
                1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

I prefer NXT, it helps to reduce water spotting. I QD or wax after every wash so the I would not use all the benefits of GC. That being said, I like GC too. It would be my second or third choice. I like the #00 Car Wash from the professional line. It has very high lubricity and would be good for extremely dirty, muddy finishes.

RamAirV1
                  2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                  2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1
                    I prefer NXT, it helps to reduce water spotting.
                    RamAirV1
                    I know about NXT's ability to encapsule hard water particles in the wash water, but does it (or how does it) make a difference when doing the rinse?
                    r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
                      I know about NXT's ability to encapsule hard water particles in the wash water, but does it (or how does it) make a difference when doing the rinse?
                      We need a response from the chemists to be sure. Or Mike can relay a response from them.

The NXT could leave some of the chemicals on the surface that encapsulate the hard water particles. They could remain long enough for the rinsing process. Or it could be that NXT provides a better sheeting action than the other car washes. For me, there have been times that rinsing with GC left small beads (even with rinsing with a flow, no nozzle) on the paint rather than rolling off.

RamAirV1
                      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1
                        We need a response from the chemists to be sure. Or Mike can relay a response from them.

The NXT could leave some of the chemicals on the surface that encapsulate the hard water particles. They could remain long enough for the rinsing process. Or it could be that NXT provides a better sheeting action than the other car washes. For me, there have been times that rinsing with GC left small beads (even with rinsing with a flow, no nozzle) on the paint rather than rolling off.

RamAirV1
                        Thanks..........Sounds good enough for me.

I guess if you lived in an area with soft water, then you might opt for GC?

I detailed a black Ford Explorer (Eddie Bauer Edition) a few days ago and the hood was so full of water spot etching, that it made it look like a piece of mica!........Took me hours to buff most of it out.

I found out that the owners had well water, so I guess that explained it all. I'll recommend that they use NXT wash from now on.
                        r. b.

Comment

Man, I love this site. Anyways, thanks a bunch. Not only do we talk about what to use, methods in doing it but also where to get products at the best price. I never would of thought of Target. I drive by one on the way home from work everyday. So..... I plan on stopping in the next few days (No Hurry though, Rain, Rain and Rain in the forcast ) .
                          Brad

Comment

Soft water makes a huge difference! The water in my garage is connected to a water softener and I rarely get water spots regardless of the car wash I use. The outside faucet is a different story.

One thing I find that really helps is to wash, rinse and dry a section at a time. When you use a plain hose and a flow of water, it is very easy to control where the water goes, so rinsing a section at a time without getting water on previously dried sections is feasible.

I will try to post a picture of my rinse setup. The Olympus DSLR I used did something to the jpeg and I was unable to upload. But somehow Mike was able to upload an Olympus jpeg for me.

I never get waterspot etching from rain. It is only from washing and rinsing with hard water that I have ever had problems. And using a leaf blower to dry the car made extremely bad water spots!

RamAirV1
                            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

between the gc and nxt car wash.... i've done my comparison and like the look/feel of the gc wash better.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');