• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stripping to clearcoat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stripping to clearcoat

Which Meg product would I use to remove all layers of old wax and polish down to clearcoat so I can start fresh with a clean surface.
    Life is a fast car !

Any of the cleaners or cleaner/polishes will do it, DC #1, ScratchX, MPPC, #80, #83, etc… (after claying of course).

PC.

Comment

Thanx OTHER PC !
      Would DC Polish remove wax - Im sure I read somewhere that it would. If not I'll use one of your suggested cleaners.
      Life is a fast car !

Comment

One way you can tell if the wax is removed is to listen for a squeaky sound after you have removed the polish........A terry towel works best for this.

Fold the towel into quarters, press down with your hand and twist the towel back & forth, while at the same time, listening for a squeaky sound.

If the towel squeaks, then the wax is gone.
        r. b.

Comment

DC (step#2) polish is a pure polish (or glaze) and won't remove wax.

This chart is for using products with the G-100 but also shows which products are which. (except for A-21 DC step#2?).

PC.

Comment

Nice chart PC!

Where did it come from?
            r. b.

Comment

Looks like I need to refresh myself at certain areas of the forum.

I made a copy of the chart and stored it in my Meguiars folder on my PC.
              r. b.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');