• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

versa angle brushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• versa angle brushes

two weeks ago I purchased both the Versa Angle tire & the wheel face brush. The first time I went to use them the bristle portion of the brushes kept popping off with the slightest pressure. Two or three scrubs and I would have to keep on replacing the bristles onto the brush. Now I know the handle pops off and that is not what I am talking about. This part of the brush is not supposed to be coming off while in use. I spent approx $18.00 and now I'm feeling a bit ripped off.
    Armand
    ++++++++++++
    '02 Lex. GS 300/silver

Definately call the customer care. They are good people.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I to have both the brushes and mine never came apart like that. Call customer service about it.

Comment

I have the Versa-Angle tire brush as well and the bristle part has fallen off as well. It doesnt happen often to me though so Im not gonna worry. Its plastic though so crazy glue may work?
        In a world full of sports cars the Dodge Viper is king.

Comment

Welcome DodgeStratus R/T!

How much pressure are you and armand puttin on the brush?

Comment

Re: versa angle brushes

Originally posted by armand
            two weeks ago I purchased both the Versa Angle tire & the wheel face brush. The first time I went to use them the bristle portion of the brushes kept popping off with the slightest pressure. Two or three scrubs and I would have to keep on replacing the bristles onto the brush. Now I know the handle pops off and that is not what I am talking about. This part of the brush is not supposed to be coming off while in use. I spent approx $18.00 and now I'm feeling a bit ripped off.
            Well I hope you'll give us a thumbs-up for customer service as this is not normal for this brush. I use these brushes on our tires and wheels and have never experienced the problem you are describing, so give our Customer Care Team a call at,

1-800-347-5700

And I'm sure they'll take care of this for you.

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Customer care is very helpful give them a call... I had the problem with one brush and used a water proff epoxy ($1.97) from Menards and it has never had a problem again!
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

chevyman -

not a whole lot of pressure. I keep my wheels pretty clean and really didnt want to bang the brush around the "spokes" of the wheel so i was pretty gentle with it. With the tire brush there was a little more pressure applied as I was scrubbing them BUT i kept the brush pretty flat on the tire unlike the wheel brush where I was using it a different angles to get in the spokes.

Thanks for the "glueing" advice. maybe this weekend I will run across something at Home depot to glue it together. After 2 tires/wheels I finally had to tie down the bristles to the rest of the brush so it would stay on. I don't mind fixing the problem myself but after purchasing as many MEG products as I have (and all performing up to snuff BTW) this was a bit of a let down.

I didn't call customer care but I did send an email to them outlining my problem.

Thanks for all the advice.
                Armand
                ++++++++++++
                '02 Lex. GS 300/silver

Comment

It happens to my wheel face brush often. More so if I a drop it. (not hard)
                  Rangerpowersports.com
                  Ranger72

Comment

Never had a problem here, sorry to hear about yours. I have the tire brush and have been very pleased with it.
                    2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L (RES/NAVI)
                    1998 BMW 318ti

Comment

Well today I received an email reply to my original complaint email regarding the versa angle brushes I purchased. Jorge Sanchez of Meguiar's customer care replied and offered to replace the items or refund the purchase price of the items.

I really like the brushes (just not the fact that the bristel head would pop off) so I'm giving them another chance and opted for having the items replaced.........keeping fingers crossed.

Thanks again to Meguiars for their excellent customer care.
                      Armand
                      ++++++++++++
                      '02 Lex. GS 300/silver

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');