• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint feel's rough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint feel's rough

What can I use to get rid of the rough feeling on the paint? It feel's like it is still dirty.

What steps have you taken so far? Using clay would certainly help to make the surface feel smooth.
    Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

Definately claying would be a start. Following it up with a good paint cleaner should take care of the rough feel.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Clay and then some #80 followed by a polish and wax will smooth it right up.
        "I drink windex........it keeps me from streaking."

Comment

I thought about getting clay. The only thing is the auto part's store's around here on sell Mothers clay.

Comment

Mothers clay will work fine. Thats what I used.

Comment

Clay Magic is also very good if you can't find the Meguiars Quik Clay or Overspray Clay.

It sounds like you have rail or foundry dust on your paint! Is it only on the horizontal surfaces? The clay will take care of it wherever it is. If it's on the sides of the car and not the horizontal surfaces it could be road sealant. I don't know how they get that in such a fine spray mist but it has happened to me.

RamAirV1
              2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');